Everyone should see this ASAP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone should see this ASAP!

This is a friendly reminder...... watch, take heed as to what not to do.

http://www.tbo.com/video/xml/MGBWYBEZ2SE.html

...That car was in half and the driver was treated and released... He will have to live with that for the rest of his life. Well, both of them will.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

good God..........dont know what else to say

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

that was Kevin "slo_si" gonzales from tampa racing
        RIP kevin
        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

I know that road very well. I spent some of my college years there, it was a deathtrap then, it's even worse now.

Comment

My goodness gracious!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You know......the first thing I noticed when I just moved here to Clearwater was how slow everyone drove compared to TX . In TX, if you get on the highway and you are not doing at least 75, you will get run over. But, I do like the very laid back atmosphere here though.

There is nothing wrong with a quick street race to 110-120 when there is no one around on a long straight stretch, but these kids nowadays are racing at top speeds through traffic and neighborhoods. Not too smart.

That was a hard impact to split that Stang in half!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                You know......the first thing I noticed when I just moved here to Clearwater was how slow everyone drove compared to TX . In TX, if you get on the highway and you are not doing at least 75, you will get run over. But, I do like the very laid back atmosphere here though.

There is nothing wrong with a quick street race to 110-120 when there is no one around on a long straight stretch, but these kids nowadays are racing at top speeds through traffic and neighborhoods. Not too smart.

That was a hard impact to split that Stang in half!
                He...he... just wait until the "snowbirds" (that's the retirees from up north) arrive. Everything slows to a crawl.

Comment

Racing on a busy street is about as crazy as it gets. Hard to believe 2 of them walked away from that. I have watched many accidents at the track and I have to say almost every one was the fault of the driver, either not getting out of the throttle soon enough, or not able to handle the car he was driving. I have seen several cars wrecked doing a burnout. When I was running the Pro Mod car some of the drivers that I ran against were morons. They would not get out of the throttle for anything. Even at the track these guys are dangerous. One of those guys, this car ran low 4s in the 1/8, did hit the wall eventually. He also blew a big hole in his motor on a burnout when he was supposed to race me. Lucky me I didn't have to race him. When one of the track crew asked him why he ran like that his statement was I can't give up the stripe. Theres a 6 foot hole for that guy, hope he dosen't take anyone else with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    He...he... just wait until the "snowbirds" (that's the retirees from up north) arrive. Everything slows to a crawl.
                    So far the traffic here in the bay area has been a nice break from TX. Traffic in South TX is much like LA. It's bad.....then all the construction just adds to the misery.

I guess I'll bite my tongue until the snowbirds fly South for the winter.

The really only thing I had to get used to traffic-wise, was the stupid medians along every damn road and the way you traverse under underpasses. Those swooping curves under the under underpasses are actually kinda fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                      Racing on a busy street is about as crazy as it gets. Hard to believe 2 of them walked away from that. I have watched many accidents at the track and I have to say almost every one was the fault of the driver, either not getting out of the throttle soon enough, or not able to handle the car he was driving. I have seen several cars wrecked doing a burnout. When I was running the Pro Mod car some of the drivers that I ran against were morons. They would not get out of the throttle for anything. Even at the track these guys are dangerous. One of those guys, this car ran low 4s in the 1/8, did hit the wall eventually. He also blew a big hole in his motor on a burnout when he was supposed to race me. Lucky me I didn't have to race him. When one of the track crew asked him why he ran like that his statement was I can't give up the stripe. Theres a 6 foot hole for that guy, hope he dosen't take anyone else with him.
                      I've known racers like that. I am not all that different I suppose. I can appreciate their attitude though because I can relate. I think it's just the same misunderstood mentality that stunk junkies and thrill seekers posses. Many people assume they are just careless and must not appreciate life due to the risks they take, but it is exactly the opposite.....they love life so much they want to live it to the fullest. And we are born without those stinkin' fear genes as well.

As you know, you just have to be careful with drag racing because you have the life of the driver next to you to worry about. I have had a few cars very sideways before and never lifted, but the other driver was either no where near me or it was a by run. If I know I am a split second from sticking it in the wall or taking out the guy next to me, I will get out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X