Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM-Ford Merger/Alliance?

see here

What do you guys think? Will it happen? What will it mean for us car guys(edit: and gals )?
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

It was "discussed" and we never really heard much from it from either side. If things get really rough for both of them, I do see it happening. But not now.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Yay!

Boy... when I sit back and digest all of GM's problems... about the only remedy I can think of is a partnership with a stuffy, bureaucratic, fat, declining, money-losing, union manufacturing, organization strangled by its own red tape and haunted by its poor managerial decisions from the past... this'll solve it all!!!

...why didn't they think of it sooner?!?!?!
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

By the way... where's the voting option for "misery loves company"?
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

lol, sounds about right.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Ford is in big trouble:
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060919/...ord_sandp_dc_1

GM isn't too far behind.

Corporate greed is the cancer that is destroying this great country. I hope we find a cure.

Comment

It is unfolding exactly as I predicted a couple of years ago. The cycle of the Truck and SUV craze is grinding to a halt, people are getting tired of large fuel costs combined with a flood in the market of used vehicles from trade-ins and the end of lease turn ins. Before you know it, you'll be able to finally get a decent truck or SUV for peanuts to use as a 2nd vehicle/utility hauler. When GM and Ford started killing off certain cars that were being manufactured in plants that were targeted to gear up for Trucks and SUVs because of the supposed larger profits, they put too many eggs in one basket and now the US auto makers are feeling the sting as the general population turns it's interests to other offerings. Those that do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Comment

After driving many, many Fords (especially the Taurus), I certainly hope not.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Well here in Alberta truck sales are climbing. But of course mostly on diesels. The Oil patch here requires a strong truck to be driven on Gravel road 90% of the time (very Rough). As much as I like GM it seems Ford really has this market an Alberta, BC, Sask and Manitoba.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                  Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                  6.2L/382.97 ci
                  Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                  WCT-5 speed
                  BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                  Boss MS 18" Rims
                  Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                  Custom Dual exhaust
                  1LE upgrade
                  Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror