Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In case you need yet another reason not to drive a Ford....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you need yet another reason not to drive a Ford....

This is what happens to them when they're just sitting there, parked all by themselves. They spontaneously burst into flames. I wish I could say this is a first, but it's happened before at our work (with Explorers). These pictures were taken at my work, and these are F-150s. The middle one caught fire and spread to the other two, even damaged the backhoe.

Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Gives a whole new meaning to "These deals are hot!!!"
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Now that's a bold move lol
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

weird, a buddy of mine had his explorer go up into flames one night. I thought he did it on purpose for insurance purposes or something, just to get rid of it. Maybe not.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Holy $@#&!

They just decide to combust? Wouldn't want to park one in my garage!
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The hoods must be made of aluminum or composite, they are gone!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Probably didn't have the recall done on it. A lot of Ford trucks were recalled for a problem with the cruise control. What was happening was the cruise control was wired to a 12 volt, non-fused, constant power source, so if you left it in the on position, it just stayed on 24/7. I don't know if it was a chafing problem or an overheated circuit, but because of that something would cause an overheat situation and it would burn the wire, and subsequently the truck.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
              X