Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spammers aren't a PITA to us, they don't get in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers aren't a PITA to us, they don't get in.

Since I am heavy into radio controlled airplanes, I frequent some of the R/C forums. I feel bad for the moderators on some of those forums. The spammers keep hitting them with their worthless advertising, all the moderators can do is delete posts....... they don't have to the power to ban spammers to shut them down. That's a shame, here the mods have the ability to zap and ban. There's not much for the mods to ban on here, I spend time every day cross checking each and every registration with the American Registery of Internet Providers and 99% of them get booted before they can even post a single word. Just a few facts.......

Each day, an average of 5-6 accounts get deleted before they can even get confirmation via e-mail. Once in a blue moon one of them actually gets to the point of being registered via e-mail confirmation and I shut 'em down before they can even post. Just this week alone, approximately 20 spammers have been prevented from getting on here an annoying the members.

And a note to you spammers....... registering and trying to post here is an exercise in futility. You're gonna get zapped before you post word one. It's not rocket science, there are common IPs and providers that are easily identified and we will not tolerate your garbage advertisements. There is no warning, no second chance....... it's

Good job! Keep it up!
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

This site's Admins and Mods are the best in the business. They are no joke.

Also of note to spammers - In the highly unlikely event you actually do get in to post (pretty much 0% chance, but whatever), we'll just end up making fun of you and whatever worthless product you're peddling.

It ain't worth it.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I was bored.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA

I was bored.
          Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA

I was bored.

Hahahaha!!!!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7YedEopp4

Enjoy
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I swear, the whole process is a relentless persuit. In conversations with some folks that are more programmer oriented, I find that many of these registrations are autonomously generated. These jerks simply run programs that search the net for anything that can be signed up for in order to post free advertising. The programs run 24/7. There is a feature in the board's software to prevent them from using that program on our site, I'm going to dig into this.

Comment

why not turn on the image verification??
                  Richard Harvey Jr.
                  '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
                    why not turn on the image verification??
                    Because that particular function isn't available. The currect GD function is "" and requires an upgrade to enable it. I've tried and for now, we're stuck.

Comment

Aghh, I keep forgettin this forum is still on 3.0.7. Just wondering, why doesn't anyone upgrade the forum??
                      Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

That is one step above what we have access to. That's JR's thing and right now, I guess it's not his priority.

Comment

Ahh, ok, I'm sure alot of people have said this, but if you need any help with VB. I've been workin with forums for awhile.
                          Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

Ha..... I'm doing things a little different. Since it's set up so that only one user name per e-mail address is now allowed, I'm not deleting registrations anymore. This way a database of all those who register is compiled. I've just enabled forum access masks so that when they make it though the registration process, they still don't have access to the forums. If it's an objectionable screen name, they get banned and not deleted. That way they cannot re-register and start over.

bwahahaha......

spammers.

Comment

Since digging into things, there is now a "black list" of certain mail domains and IP ranges. That eliminates some of the spammer's tools, They will not be able to register.

Comment

Working...
                              X