Trucker road rage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trucker road rage

Just found out my brother's in laws were involved in an accident last night. Evidently they were driving home on the highway, in the right lane. 18-wheeler was in the left lane. Father-in-law was driving, he gets about half-way past the truck when all of a sudden the trucker puts on his signal and starts coming over into his lane. Father-in-law punches it to get in front of the truck.

So the truck gets in behind him. Wife had been sleeping, wakes up, and says "is something wrong with the car?" Husband says "no, there's nothing wrong with the car other than that we're being pushed (literally, bumper on bumper) down the road at 65 mph by an 18-wheeler."

The truck pushed them right off the road, and the car rolled. Truck never stopped. Another trucker was right behind and saw the whole thing, he stops, calls 911, etc. etc.

Would you believe they both escaped with no broken bones? Cuts and bruises everywhere since all the glass shattered, and the wife has major road rash on one leg, but both were released today.

I assume they were wearing their seatbelts, although I don't know for sure. I do know they have a small car, a Cavalier or something similar I think.

I hope they find the guy, but neither of them was able to give any sort of description, and the trucker who stopped for them only got a partial tag.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

wOw!!

glad they're ok though, with that kind of weight difference ...hope they catch that maniac, sounds like a psycho in charge of a 40 ton battering ram.
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Wow indeed

With today's over-crouded roads, it figures even professional truckers experience the same road-rage as suburban to city cummuters
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

that is absolutely ridiculous. Why would he do something so crazy? What if there were a child in the car? That guy needs his licensed revoked, and a few years in jail for that.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

An X girlfriend of mine was driving down 85 north east of Atlanta around 10 pm on a Sunday evening when she saw a truck driving erratically. So she figured she would pass the truck so she wouldn't be in any danger of him (out of sight out of mind, one of the reasons she is an X). About a mile or two later the truck caught back up to her. He ran into her drivers door and turned her sideways in front of the truck. He pushed her sideways for what she said was a mile, probably a few hundred feet, until she finally slid off the bumper on the drivers side of the truck. She then did a couple of 360s and spun to a stop. Nobody hit her or even stopped to help. The truck never slowed down. How could he not see what he did. It flatten the left side of her 3 month old Honda Civic and flat spotted the tires but it was still drivable. She called the cops and was on the phone with me when they came. They didn't do anything. The cop asked if she got the tag number of the truck. She said hell no she was too busy spinning in the road. I said tell the cop no but she could give them the part number for the headlight.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'm with you guys on the revoking of licenses. Road rage is bad enough, but road rage with totalled cars and injuries is grounds for attempted murder as far as I'm concerned. But after reading both of these stories, I have to play devil's advocate.

In both instances, they should have hit the brakes. The man should have hit the brakes, the horn, high beams, and eased to the shoulder. He would have had plenty of time to get out of the way and the trucker would have known what he did. No wreck, no damage, nobody hurt, but a driver who would pay more attention.

The ex-girlfriend, same situation, and that is something that I did learn from driving school. If you see a drunk driver, erratic driver, reckless driver, whatever, you stay behind them and warn approaching drivers by flashing hazards or whatever. If you have a cellphone, call the highway patrol and inform them of the situation. You never pass a wandering vehicle.

But both of these stories, especially the first one, remind me of the greatest of the Terminator movies. When the liquid metal terminator is ramming the back of the S10, Arnold jumps out, hops on the hood, and unloads 100 rounds of ammo in the liquid guys body. I don't know how agile your father-in-law is, but I think that might have possibly made the news if he pulled that stunt off
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

There are all kinds of whackos out there. Best to stay away get thier tag # and call the police. I ran into a nut one day in a Mustang. I am passing a big rig and this guy flies up behind me flashing his lights??? When I get passed the rig he comes flying aroung me and hits his brakes in front of me. He then takes off and I couldn't catch him. I was not driving my Camaro at the time as he never would have gotten away from that.

Comment

Wow...and I thought rig drivers were nice and cool.

Glad no one got killed...

Jeff your X is funny. Hahaha!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                X