{{gauSSian}} alert!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• {{gauSSian}} alert!

i talked to Sal. the NCM does put something on the car... they established a contract with a company that also offers a "road kit". dont buy it...its junk.... and the stuff thats claimed to be so good...its junk....your standard commerically available silicone loaded cr@p. Call the NCM and tell them you dont want anything put on the car...nothing.... specify that.... otherwise.... you will dealing with swirls from the get go......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Right on...... unless you specifically tell them not to prep the car, it will get done. Even then, there's a good chance it will happen anyway. The result is swirls and it takes mucho work to get it looking good again.

Comment

holy crap!!

will do, Ken...thanks for the heads up.
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

well, I called the museum and they assured me no wax or polish will be used on my Z.

I guess we'll see.
        Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
          well, I called the museum and they assured me no wax or polish will be used on my Z.

I guess we'll see.
          You better specify "No delivery prep" or something is going to get you ticked off. Have them leave the plastic on the seats and everything. You are more than capable of doing a more careful job than the average hired worker.

Comment

I just emailed Lori and asked in writing that no products be used.

I anxiously await her reply.

I don't mind if they take the plastic off the seats, etc. I'm sure they want it to look nice for display, I just don't want any detailing products used...unless they're Zaino.

Comment

I don't take museum delivery on my cars for several reasons. One of them being, that I like to prep my own cars. When they arrive, the dealership only checks fluids. All body and interior coverings are left so I can bring the car home and prep it myself. It's just something I enjoy doing. Here are a few pics I wanted to share.

http://photos.yahoo.com/wowitflyz

Btw, while I was at home prepping my 06Z, a corporate employee called me on my cell phone to wish me luck with the car. Now THAT's service.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                I don't take museum delivery on my cars for several reasons. One of them being, that I like to prep my own cars. When they arrive, the dealership only checks fluids. All body and interior coverings are left so I can bring the car home and prep it myself. It's just something I enjoy doing.
                And you'll likely be even more careful and get better results.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  I don't take museum delivery on my cars for several reasons. One of them being, that I like to prep my own cars. When they arrive, the dealership only checks fluids. All body and interior coverings are left so I can bring the car home and prep it myself. It's just something I enjoy doing. Here are a few pics I wanted to share.

http://photos.yahoo.com/wowitflyz

Btw, while I was at home prepping my 06Z, a corporate employee called me on my cell phone to wish me luck with the car. Now THAT's service.
                  well, ive never had an op for a museum delivery..but all my cars come in...and stay with the body plastic sheets still on them...the dealership knows not to do anything but check the fluids and thats it. the goat got the front tag mount by mistake.. i almost didnt buy it because of that...but they compensated me nicely so i did......LOL

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
                    I just emailed Lori and asked in writing that no products be used.

I anxiously await her reply.

I don't mind if they take the plastic off the seats, etc. I'm sure they want it to look nice for display, I just don't want any detailing products used...unless they're Zaino.
                    even then...if they used zaino..dont let em do it, Mark. they might use shop rags for all you know. get her virgin.....and do it right forever more. thats my take...

concours buffing micro fiber towels are awesome. thats what i use... autogeek.com has em and other places. they are not cheap...but they are 100 times softer than silk....

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                      even then...if they used zaino..dont let em do it, Mark. they might use shop rags for all you know. get her virgin.....and do it right forever more. thats my take...

concours buffing micro fiber towels are awesome. thats what i use... autogeek.com has em and other places. they are not cheap...but they are 100 times softer than silk....
                      I haven't heard back from Lori yet via email, but I found out on a 'vette forum the following:

I was under the impression that NCM used C-Magic. I sent a note to Gary and this is his reply.

"Hi John,
                      We do use C-Magic on the delivery cars. However we do not wax them we only use the car wash, tire dressing and the detail spray. The only
                      reason we don't wax them is that we don't want to seal the paint with a Wax until after about the 90 day time frame. I use the entire product
                      line myself and I like it a lot. You can post this if you want.

Thanks for the e-mail,

Gary Cockriel
                      Guest Services / Delivery Manager
                      National Corvette Museum"
                      I have an even dozen of those concours buffing micro fiber towels (heard about through you), never been used, just .

do you use those for washing too, or just buffing? I've always used Gerber flat fold diapers for washing.

Comment

Working...
                      X