zo6 takes on some fast exotics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zo6 takes on some fast exotics

Im sure most people have read this but I still thought it was pretty cool that it really kicked all there as$es!! And of them can catch it after 120
    mph!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...vette-z06.html

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Good article. It sums up all the negs and pos' about it. From what Z06 owners have said to me, the seats combined with the susp. will beat you up in a long trip. I still rember the top gear episode, where they are racing it around there track, the host is beating all the other records, breaking, cornering acceleration... and at the same time he is saying how crappy the seats are, and on and on about the cheap american plastic interior... the guy could not get over the interior but the car timed waaaay up there in there list of times.... pretty much the theme this article had (but more muted on the interior comments)

Best compliment I had was from a Z06 owner saying my TA dual-lumbar seats were more comfortable than his ... and now the Goats seats (in my opinion) are even more comfortable than mine! (kerm isun' uh' smawt' dirty 'ole ba$***d )
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

best 'vette ever, performance wise.

LOL, it'll be quite some time I'm sure before I attempt to drive my Z anywhere near the limits!

from what I've seen of the interior, I will be happy. If the fit and finish are on par with my '07 Suburban, no complaints from me. If I don't like the seats or sound system, there are aftermarket options.

One thing I'll miss is the t-tops, but there is even a beautiful aftermarket solution for that from Caravaggio. it adds weight though, so I would have to add a TT package from LPE to compensate.
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Big sissy

What sissy tester was worried about the interior plastic when you have guts under your butt. Let him go back to testing womens underwear.
        Put a little extra pad under your seat, like I did in my 0-150 under 5 second drag car, hang on and blast away.

Comment

They also said " an idicated 207 mph"!!!!!!!!

How true?? Dont know but still pretty cool!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
            They also said " an idicated 207 mph"!!!!!!!!

How true?? Dont know but still pretty cool!
            from what I've read, for a stock C6 Z to reach 207 mph requires folding the mirrors back and "modifying" the front fascia with some strategically placed duct tape.

I believe it is considered in stock form to be drag limited to 198 mph.
            Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
            X