update on MPG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on MPG

Nothing new, but after all the mods and miles, after a trip to Hilton Head this weekend, I found myself hitting 27.57 mpg cruising around 75. Pretty good if I can say so myself...I know better if I didn't have 3.73s and tuned her up.

Keep the miles going, I love every bit of it.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

We almost went to Hilton Head this weekend. We may go in the next couple of weeks.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Wow, that's great.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        We almost went to Hilton Head this weekend. We may go in the next couple of weeks.
        It's quiet. Relaxing too. Jeff, I have a coupon for Holiday Inn for "Buy 2 nights get the third day free". So if you're up for it, I can mail it to ya. It was $113 a night for me, I'm sure as the weeks go by, it'll be less.

Originally posted by Performin Norman
        Wow, that's great.
        Thanks!

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

3.73's, A4 and 28 MPG. That's awesome man. How do you get mileage like that??
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            3.73's, A4 and 28 MPG. That's awesome man. How do you get mileage like that??
            Honestly, I guess it's keeping up with her maintence. She runs like a champ. Before the trip I replaced the fuel filter and ran lucas injector cleaner a week before. The oil was changed with lucas oil stabilzer added, a new k&n filter, and the tire pressure at 35 psi. With weight reduction and a feather foot on acceleration up to speed, I got 27 mpg. I admit that in mixed city driving, I barely break 23...but when it's open roads and the speed is constant, she breaks will into the 25's. I was surprised to see 27 too...I was hopeful. The last time I hit 27 was my trip to Dallas TX. But I see 25 locally. Yes, I am pansy when it comes to driving her. I'm sure I can get 18-19 mpg if I tried.

I saw a red C6 Z06, MmmmmMmm...we gave each other the thumbs up and he ripped a few revs and took off...my highlight.

Oh, and a gold/copper one...didn't like the color but it was still a Z06.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
              It's quiet. Relaxing too. Jeff, I have a coupon for Holiday Inn for "Buy 2 nights get the third day free". So if you're up for it, I can mail it to ya. It was $113 a night for me, I'm sure as the weeks go by, it'll be less.

Thanks!
              Thanks for the offer. If we go it will probably be leave Friday and come back on Sunday so that is 2 nights. I'll let you know if something comes up though. I am so ready to get away. This hasn't been the greatest Monday.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                I admit that in mixed city driving, I barely break 23...but when it's open roads and the speed is constant, she breaks will into the 25's.
                I'm lucky if I see 21 MPG combined, and this is mainly highway mileage with an M6. I envy you.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                X