Im sick... HIT & RUN...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sick... HIT & RUN...

I cant even describe how I feel right now. For any of you who followed me through my cars restoration a few months ago, you probably have a pretty good idea (See Sig). I woke up sunday to find out that someone hit my car. (Yes the camaro) Its not really bad, but its bad enough. There is a pretty good gouge in the passenger side rear quarter panel. Its pretty deep. It looks as if someone was trying to park next to me or was trying to pull out of the spot next to me and wacked it. Of course there was no note.

I have no idea who did it. I mentioned it too all of my neighbors... But no one had any idea who might have done it. I called the cops and had a police report done... But even the cop said that I am on my own.

This kind of thing really makes me want to get rid of the car. I am going to have it fixed & then seriously think about getting rid of it. It just sucks cause I am going to loose SOOOOO much money. I dont know. We will see what happens. Anybody interested in a recently restored 3rd gen vert? haha
    No F-Body right now

thats awful man. sorry. i take you have to park on the street or in a parking place somewhere, right? if so, those are the perils that go with that. i cant imagine having to park one of my cars, or now, just this one...in a situation like that, i'd be living on pins and needles all the time... hope somebody steps up to the plate. be sure and check for damaged cars in your area that might match up with the hit.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That would infuriate me Wish more could be done, but it appears your on your own . I'm in a similar situation. While on an extended buisness tripp 2 weeks ago, I discovered someone nearly pulled off my drivers-side mirror. Luckily it only happend to my BEATER, but still, I am pi$$ed that someone would do such a thing... Luckily the beater only cost me $850.... might have to go to a salvage yard to get a new mirror if the mirror itself, doesn't stop moving from road vibrations.
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Was there any paint transfer? That could tell you the color of the car that hit yours. You could call all the local body shops looking for a car that color that is in for repairs, and also drive around looking for it. I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you have insurance that will cover the repair.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

No paint transfer at all...

I dont think it was a painted part that hit me. From the dammage... it looks more like a steel bumper hit it. A friend of mine told me he saw a beat up older vw bug parked next to me. The type & height of the dammage would be consistent with the metal bumpers those cars had. Unfortuantely, it wasnt a car that is usually in my parking lot. Must had been a visitor. It doesnt really matter though. Unless he admits to it, there is nothing I can do from a legal standpoint. (Outside of the law however...)

I have full coverage on the car, but my insurance deductibe is $1000. Its probably going to cost around that much to fix so its not worth going to insurance.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

sorry to hear this...some idiots out there just don't have a clue.
            Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

That stinks... I hope you catch them.
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Is your parking lot under surveillance cameras? Maybe it was caught on video.

Even if you have to pay to have it fixed yourself due to the high deductable, dont consider that $$ to be spent on the project. You would of been out that $$ no matter which of your cars it was that got hit. It's just too bad it was the Camaro. 2 steps forward, half a step back.

I had to replace the drivers door on my car a couple years ago due to an accident I had. I was rolling the car out of my garage and had the door cocked open with my leg out to give the car a push backwards. It turned out I had the door cocked too far and it caught on the edge of the garage door openning. It busted up the edge of the door. I had to pay out of pocket to fix it as well, but I rationalized that the $$ was not part of the car project because it was my own actions that caused the damege.

In your case, it is someone elses actions, but you can rationalize it the same way and not feel like you have over invested in the car.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I know I am over invested in the project by ALOT!! I have over 10k in recipts sitting in a drawer at home. I dont feel the car is worth that much to me, nevermind anyone else. I had plans on dropping an LT1 into it this winter, but I just dont know what to do anymore. Eitherway, I need to fix the dent & do a couple other things to it before I can even think about selling it. So I will do that before I make any decisions.

I wish I knew what I could sell the car for. That would help me make my mind up. Alot of the mods I put on the car I can remove and sell separetly.
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

ship it to canada and you can get your 10G back

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated