guess what im going to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guess what im going to do?

talked it over with the wiffie...... she's agree's....

im 59 with 35 years Govt. service counting my military......... yes, I'm way eligiable to retire...... with a nice income.... why havn't i? i buy too many toys.... and the animal rescue needs a solid income....

well.. the gym i go to has multiple locations throughout the Wash.DC area... i got to Sports and Health gym at lunch during the week at work...(there are two within walking distance from my office) and on the weekend..i make the 18 mile hike to Fredericksburg, VA to thier location there...... trouble is..traffic sucks during the summer..and its getting worse all the time even after school started... i bitch about it all the time...... there is only one gym in Stafford where i live, but i cant justify paying another fee to join just to avoid some bumper to bumper bs....... and the Govt pays half my gym fee for sports and health..........

welp, sports and health is opening a gym in stafford.....less than 2 miles from my house.......

i talked with the several people in the company, both at the gyms i go to and the corporate level..... im going to take some classes and become a personal trainer..... they want to hire me.................

when this goes down....ill begin part time at the new club here when it opens....if my clientele builds.... im gonna pull the golden ring and retire....and do the personal trainer thing, call my own hrs.......enjoy what im doing ........work out when im not training someone....... a dream come true.

so.

fingers crossed.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Good luck Ken. I hope it all works out for you.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Hey congrats!

Nice to add another to the Health Education field.

Best wishes

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Congrats. I'll be doing something similar in about 2 years. That's when I'm pulling the plug on my current career. Hope it works out for ya.

Comment

Way to go! I've got quite a few years left...but can't wait to retire and do "what I want". Tired of the daily grind...I 'm jealous!
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

thanks guys.... this way...i can devote more time to rescue as well..

i tell you, i cant imagine what the traffic on I95 is going to be like in a few more years... what is an 1hr commute to DC from here now is going to be 2hrs at least. 3 years ago, we got to work in 40 min or so......its already over an hr without accidents...with accidents 1.5hrs or more..

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

That's great Ken.. Go for it.. I figure I need about 10 more years and I can retire at 55 and go part time doing something I want to instead of having to deal with the corporate crap. Good Luck...
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Sounds good. If you're good at it, you can make a lot of money. My ex's dad was a personal trainer, he had a lot of clients. He was on his own for a while making cash on the side. He got certified and he got hired in at Lifetime fitness and he pulls about 70k/year. He's an extremist and very dedicated though. If you got the will you can make a lot of money in that. Good luck man
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Good luck Ken. There is some good dough to be made being a personal trainer.

Comment

Good luck Ken! I know you'll make it a success.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

great news, Ken! sounds like a win/win situation.

best of luck, hope it all works out, broh.
                      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Good luck!
                        I used to be a personal trainer/ instructor at a gym, had a great time, its great doing what you like and getting paid for it too!
                        93 t/a A4 3.23s
                        95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                        99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                        99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                        97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                        93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                        00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Congrats!

I'd consider myself very lucky to have such a choice when I retire.
                          Joe K.
                          '11 BMW 328i
                          '10 Matrix S AWD
                          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
                            Congrats Ken!

I must say I'm a little jealous. I've got 9-1/2 more years before I can even think about retiring. But, I just got a promotion so I'm certainly not bored with what I'm doing now.

No more commuter van...so...What are you going to do for a foul weather/transporting an-e-mules vehicle?
                            thanks again guys.

no more van.... but.... a beater will be fine for the 2 mile or less commute to the next job... mary will need the Envoy home ... she can always drop me off too...

i hardly do anymore wolfdog transport...got WRR members doing that... but mary does golden transport.. i dont think i'd haul a wofldog in the envoy, sure...they are crated.. most that end up in rescue smell to high heaven.

Comment

Since you got a brand new -looking-better-than-new GTO, you always could consider getting a stock v8 f-body as a beater...
                              93 t/a A4 3.23s
                              95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                              99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                              99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                              97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                              93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                              00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                              X