V8 Solstace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Solstace

At the dealer today for work, and they had a LSX Solstace sitting in the Service area with it's hood up. Had Mallett written on custom fuel rail covers. The guy told me they sold 2 already and this one was for sale, list + $20k for the engine (looked like a LS2) and suspension upgrades. There was no sheet on it for me to look at, though.

The dope I talked to said it was an LT1, I said NOT. He also said it was a 350. I told him LS1 or LS2. Told him I saw one at the CC Nats with a LS7 - he told me that was a 454. I told him what a new LS7 is.

Guess I wouldn't even let those guys wash my car...

I walked into a parts store back in the early 80s and told the guy I had a 70 Dodge Dart. He asked "what motor is in it, 350?" Idiot.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah sometimes you wonder. Went to the local Canadian Tire into the car department and asked for a new battery for a 1990 Jaguar.

The kid looks at me and asks who makes the car? I tell him again it's a 90 Jaguar. No sir you don't understand, is it a Ford, Chevy or Dodge, you know?
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
        Yeah sometimes you wonder. Went to the local Canadian Tire into the car department and asked for a new battery for a 1990 Jaguar.

The kid looks at me and asks who makes the car? I tell him again it's a 90 Jaguar. No sir you don't understand, is it a Ford, Chevy or Dodge, you know?

Did you smack him?

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

V8 Solstice = A damn fun drive.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
          Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Wow, that sounds awesome. Where was your camera?
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              Wow, that sounds awesome. Where was your camera?
              Maybe I can go by there tomorrow - I'll be driving the TransAm, too. I'll get a couple pics and find somebody who knows what he's talking about and get the lowdown.

Maybe I'll ask them if I can trade in my 600 hp TransAm - I'll start it up and open the hood and see what they say just for amusement They'll scratch their heads and offer me $4 grand for it, haha.

Comment

Well, I failed to get pics - it was not there today. Should have bought it when I had the chance. The salesman said "Do what everybody else does, Finance it."

Anyway, as a consolation prize, here are pics of the 427 Solstice from the car show. The one at the dealer was silver with carbon fiber fuel rail covers - I will try to get a pic of it next week if I can track it down.

Comment

Mfr Site with Pics & Build Sheets

If anybody's interested - here's a link to the MFR site with Pics

Mallett

Comment

Doing that conversion to the Saturn Sky has me thinking. I wonder about the handling traits.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      Doing that conversion to the Saturn Sky has me thinking. I wonder about the handling traits.
                      I hear ya. I like the Saturn better too.
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

It goes without saying that handling would suffer, even with upgrades. Still, the cool factor would prevail.

Comment

Working...
                        X