• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jiffy Lube. Or Jiffy Rip-off?

They report. You decide.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

I beleive I saw another report like that one not too long ago. Simply amazing...5 out of 9!?!?

I don't use Jiffy Lube ever, but you have to think the same thing goes on at other places as well. I guess you have to sit there and watch the guys working on your car whenever you take it in. Sucks for the honest guys out there that will inevitably be grouped in with these theives.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!

I don't use Jiffy Lube ever, but you have to think the same thing goes on at other places as well. I guess you have to sit there and watch the guys working on your car whenever you take it in. Sucks for the honest guys out there that will inevitably be grouped in with these theives.

repeat after me:

"Never, I repeat.... Never, will I allow Jiffy Lube to touch my car."

Comment

That kind of stuff is not limited to Jiffy Lube unfortunately. It happens all over the place. We just need more vigilantes out there with hidden cameras like this to hopefully discourage some of those scumbags from doing this.

I would have "dropped" that district manager who was too scared to even admit who he was. Punk.

Comment

we banned them from the fleet a while back after that report came out.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I hate to sound negative but it isn't limited to the automotive world. We live in a society that is greedy and money hungry. They'll do just about anything to get you to part with your dollars. I tell my friends and my customers that you have to find a group of people that you can trust as your friends and your business relations and stick with them. I don't care if they are a little higher in price. At least you know that you aren't getting F'd.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I've never ran into a big problem with any of my vehicles... (knocks on wood)
              So I've yet to use a mechanic for repairs.

I do use these places for a quick oil change because I'm too busy and far away from my tools to do it myself. When I do use them. I am standing by my car the whole time. I watch what they do and stand next to them while they pour the correct type AND amount back in. I feel like I have to babysit these asshats.

I was once told I couldn't stand in the garage area. I asked for my keys and left.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
              Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

That's why you do the work yourself...

Wow...that just low. Anything for a quick buck now and days.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i caught them with the wheel allignment..kwik fit ..went next day to a different kwik fit and got the allignment done again, and asked for a printout of the before and after measurements. they were all in the red , next day after they ve done it .
                  i have yet to find a place that does proper wheel allignment and not mess up the car! i think this is really important, affects the car s stability and handling, the overall safety. and its even worse when you pay a lot of money for new tyres only to see they got worn unevenly because of a lazy and stupid $%&^&%$ who dont do their job propely..and its no rocket science what they do

I always do as much of the work on my cars as i can and know..and try and stand by the car while they are working..i like my cars and i know theyre not bugattis but they re not hyundai s either ..or mustangs
                  93 t/a A4 3.23s
                  95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                  99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                  99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                  97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                  93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                  00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

I've used a local mechanic (when I have no time) for quick changes for years. I have to schedule an appointment, but it's worth it. I've known him for 15 years. He uses whatever oil and filter I bring. Charges me $10.00, and I stand and BS with him the whole time.

Unfortunately, most places aren't like this.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Wow.

useless text
                      No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                      X