anybody with cooper tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody with cooper tires

FINDLAY, Ohio (Oct. 13, 2006) — Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has voluntarily recalled 79,857 tires in various sizes and models made earlier this year at its Albany, Ga., plant because of faulty bead wire coat stock, the company said.

The tires were made during an eight-day period earlier this year. For safety’s sake, all the tires manufactured during the two-week period that encompassed the eight days were recalled, even though fewer than half are likely to have the defective bead wire coat stock, Cooper said in a statement.

“This manufacturing issue was unique in nature,” the company said. “We have already taken strict corrective action to prevent this from occurring again.”

Cooper has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, as well as all dealers who carried the tires in stock. The tire maker will replace the tires free of charge. For information on specific recalled tires, call Cooper’s Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-854-6288.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Thanks Ken

Mine are already a couple of years old so I don't have to worry about it.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Ha thanks I get them because you said they were good, I will call to see if mine are on the the recall. I will never buy from Firestone. They had bad tires an let a lot of people die before they got found about an Ford was the same way I guess it is money money money an not take a loss. Thanks
      Blazer

Comment

I used to like Coopers tires until this happened to me a couple of years ago on the interstate at around 80 mph...on the front drivers side, no less. It was scary at first and I came very close to rolling. Ive never seen a passenger tire come apart like this before, but it was almost like a re-tread from a semi, the tread just peeled away from the tire. The only thing that would do this would be if Id run over something that cut it but I was following other cars and I inspected the tire when I got home and found nothing. The dealer told me "thats a hell of a deal...but we cant do anything, you probably ran over somemthing" Needless to say, I dont buy Coopers anymore.

Comment

dont forget yall, things happen with every time manuf. even Michelin has had a couple of voluntary recalls. human error in the assembly plant.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I called an I am ok.
            Blazer

Comment

I'm not worried. But as Ken said, it happens to any manufacturer.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                I'm not worried. But as Ken said, it happens to any manufacturer.
                Yep...

I had a set of Pirelli's where three of the four tires belts shifted in less than 200 miles of use. It happens much less to the good brands, but it still happens.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Oh I agree, and to be honest, Id still be using their tires if the dealer hadnt treated me so shabbily. Customer service goes a long ways in my book, and the strange thing about it was, I have 4 vehicles and had been dealing with them for many years, always bought my tires there, and theyd always had outstanding service...until this one incident. Other than that, I think they have great tires

Comment

Working...
                  X