No announcement yet.

What is unique about your car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see many First Gen rides on here, and Im partial to them Anyways, in 68, there were some cars that had the emblem "etched" into the door glass, and noone knows what determined which cars were equipped with them. It didnt show up on the build sheets, wasnt listed in options, and wasnt unique to any plant, trim package, or anything. The most valid theory Ive found is that it was used for showroom cars and was randomly distributed to dealers. The glass was never reproduced, factory or aftermarket, so the few pieces that came in the selected 68 cars are all that there are. Needless to say, theyre not very plentiful, but I was lucky enough to have them on my 68 that Im restoring. Heres a pic of it when I first got the car.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
      Every time I stop at A stop sign or stop light young girls try to get in my car.
      Dam I hate that. Why me. Dam I am thinking I will sell that car.What a dream.
      Blazer
      Hey reach down and pinch yourself!

You better hope the blonde doesn't read your posts!

Comment

Nothing unique about my car...other than Joe's similar de-embleming...except the driver. In the state of GA, I honestly say that I'm on of the few Asian owner...not that I consider myself anything more than a Patriotic American...but when you see a bright red TA with Speedlines and a chinky dude behind the wheel...you know it's Chris.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

there were only 1,077 2005 gto's made with 17" wheels and an M6.

not quite as rare as my Comp T/A........ but funny thing, i've only seen gto's on the street maybe 4 times in a year and half.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well its one of 16,670 1989 Firebird Formulas. I don't have a breakdown of how many were actually 305 5 speed cars. But I do have the 9-bolt posi Badged Borg-Warner
            Description:
            Ring Gear Diameter=7.750"
            Pinion shaft Diameter=1.375"
            Ring Gear Bolt Count=8
            Pinion Spline=27
            Cover Bolt Count=9

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

THIS IS MY CAMARO. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Camaro is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Camaro, without me is useless.

My Camaro is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its transmission and its engine. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage. I will keep my Camaro clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Thanks to the U.S. Marine Corps for the inspiration!
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I have a GT with a 9"...gaaah, sounds like I own a ford!

How about having an automatic with a 9"...I think that should be somewhat unique.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

1 of 463 built
                  I have only seen one other in person
                  1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                  1 of 463
                  LT4 knock module
                  D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                  strut tower brace
                  SLP fan switch
                  160* t/stat
                  Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                  DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

The most Unique thing about my Formula would have to be character. ie. all of the body damage left by her previous owner.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                      I have a GT with a 9"...gaaah, sounds like I own a ford!

How about having an automatic with a 9"...I think that should be somewhat unique.
                      *cough* Ford boy!!!*cough* lol
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

My car payment of $569.00 makes the car unique or the driver an idiot. You decide. lol

Comment

Hmmm...let's see.

Since she's a 1996 Ram Air T/A, she's limited at 1 in about 2500.
                          Being white with t-tops, an "uplevel spoiler" (option that year), M6, and cloth interior makes her probably 1 in maybe 250.

Now, she also has twin silver stripes, and a host of other mods...making her down right rare. (Have yet to see another white 96 in NJ)

And to top it all off, she has probably the only pair of 409SS LT4 exhaust manifolds NOT found on an LT4...making her totally unique.

How's that?
                          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Well there are four F-bodies like mine in town. One is a Camaro not a Firebird, Another is a T/A so its out, and the final is a bird only its an auto, and mine is a five speed.

Mustangs run from my car it seems including the 360R Roush performance package one.

I also have A 8 Front plate and floormats!

Comment

my 93 trans am has leather uplevel seats and t tops, apparently very few had t tops in 93, and the dot matrix on the t tops , different steering wheel centre part, and the lower part of the seats and headrests can be adjusted speed density of course ..
                              93 t/a A4 3.23s
                              95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                              99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                              99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                              97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                              93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                              00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
                                my 93 trans am has leather uplevel seats and t tops, apparently very fey had t tops in 93, and the dot matrix on the t tops , different steering wheel centre part, and the lower part of the seats can be adjusted speed density of course ..
                                1993 models also have that lovely yellow lettering on the displays and buttons. Not my cup of tea, but it looks like it would go with your color scheme!
                                Joe K.
                                '11 BMW 328i
                                '10 Matrix S AWD
                                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
                                X