rice vs 6 cyl f-body race off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rice vs 6 cyl f-body race off

so untill next week i'm still stuck with my 94 camaro v6 3.4 litre stick. cold air intake is the only mod i've done. i've seen lots of commercial about the wonderful turbo hondas with 240 hp and what not. I had the pleasure of one pulling right up next to me tonite and my way back and revving his lil ricer. just to see what they got in my fake v8 i raced him off. he was pullin away till i hit 3rd gear and then my lil 6er sprung new life and tore away. the look on his face when i pulled next to him was priceless. ending speed was 95mph ..... in a 30mph zone that was definetly fun
    1991 Pontiac Trans Am V8 305

Ok, I'll admit, I've done my share of street racing, but over triple the limit?!?! Are you high or just dumb?? This doesn't even belong on the tech section to begin with. Geez dude, that's beyond reckless...
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Did dude in honda say you got 2 more cylinders then me? there like u got 4 more cylinders then me that why u won lol
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy
        speed was 95mph ..... in a 30mph zone that was definetly fun

So you are proud of doing 95 in a 30 mph zone? Dangerous and foolish. A 30 mph speed zone is there for a reason. The reason is that it's a populated area. If you are intent on going 95, stay the hell away from other people. Just last month a local guy was killed doing something just as foolish. Do people on this forum occationally get into a stoplight match? The answer is probably yes. There is a big difference with a quick sprint up to speed in an isolated area. If something bad happens like a tire blows from running over debris on the road, you'll likely only kill yourself. Do it in a 30 mph residential street and you'll be killing others.

If you want to race, take it to the track. You don't have to worry about Johnny Law pulling you over, you don't have other drivers who aren't watching carefully pulling out in front of you, and because of safety...... cars have to pass a basic tech inspection so that reasonable safety exists. There are also Paramedics standing by.

Now carefully thing about this. Imagine if you had run exactly the same way. Except right as you pull up to the Honda, he looks over at you and at that moment of not watching the road, runs over a piece of metal. The front tire blows and causes an instant turn directly into your car. Now you are headed off into......??? at 95 mph in a 30 mph zone.

I think we can all agree that this is something not to do.

Now from a racer's standpoint.......You got owned, you got spanked, you got beat plain and simple. I own a modified 3.4 Camaro, T-5, posi, 3.42s cold air, exhaust, yada yada and it won't do 95 mph in a quarter mile. So basically you got whupped right out the hole and owned through the whole quarter mile. I fail to see the logic that you should feel smug about pulling even like a ricer after you got owned.

Comment

If you ask me - it seems like BOTH of you are ricers.

Not to mention I highly doubt that the Honda was turbo. Why do you think it was?
          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

What year & model honda? The new accord v6 puts out about 280hp. They move. Your 3.4 wouldnt stand a chance. Now if you are talking about a civic or something... Then it would depend on what trim level he had. The SI would probably tear you up.

Are you sure that he didnt stop racing before you passed him? Mabey he didnt want to get up to 95mph. In which case you just executed a ricer-fly-by. haha
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Yeah, those new Honda Accord's will hang with a stock LT1 with just a few little mods. I thought they were only 244 HP on the V6 though? That Si ain't no slouch either for what it is.

Comment

Apparentl this guy doesn't read the threads on this forum, and others, about "...just lost my license" or "got ten tickets tonight"

There is a time and a place, and in a 30MPH neighborhood isn't it. If you are bent on hitting something at those speeds, do it on a deserted highway, not somebody's kid sister or grandmother walking her cat-

geez!
                2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Don't mean to be insulting...but seriously, dude. Time for a reality check. A 30 second thrill ain't worth that kind of risk.
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

wolfdogs does not approve. for the record.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Si, es mucho estupido.
                      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I have what could be considered, a Honda Accord (Acura TL is a beefed-up Accord). It's got a 270 hp VTEC V6. I'll tell you what... This car pulls and never stops. I'd have no problem with a 3.4L...

As for racing in a 30mph zone... Others have already told the story. Just not smart. Not at all...
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

how about 150 in a 65?
                          [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
                          Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
                          11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragkid1917
                            how about 150 in a 65?
                            If your talking about something you have done, yes your as dumb as the other speeding idiot.
                            1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
                            1995 Silverado-beater truck
                            2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                              If your talking about something you have done, yes your as dumb as the other speeding idiot.
                              Agreed. Its not like we all haven't pushed a high speed at one point or another, but its not something to really brag about, esp. if you're looking for an "atta-boy". Sheesh.
                              Steve
                              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                              X