Thoughts on the Cobalt??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the Cobalt??

My wife and I are thinking about buying a 2006 Cobaly for her. Do any of you own one or know anyone who has one? Are they pretty good cars? We like it, but want to make sure we are getting a good deal and a good car. It is a 2006 with 13K miles. They wanted 12999 for it, but are willing to sell it for 11,200. It is the dealership that I used to work for and my old manager is giving me a $700 above invoice price on it. (supposedly) What do you guys think?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

If you are concerned about the deal, it never hurts to shop.

Comment

What model? Trim? Options?

The Cobalt line runs from the mundane to the Supercharged SS. There's about a $10K difference.
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Aside from the interior feeling cheap, they're decent cars. Decent pep and gas mileage. Nothing bad comes to mind aside from the poor interior quality. If you think the interior of your F-body looks and feels like it was made by Fisher Price, wait till you get in the Cobalt. However, so far our company's Cobalts have held up quite well. I've driven at least 6 different ones (Conservative estimate; probably closer to ten). No mechanical issues so far, but we rarely take them above 35,000 miles. Hope this helps.
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
          Aside from the interior feeling cheap, they're decent cars. Decent pep and gas mileage. Nothing bad comes to mind aside from the poor interior quality. If you think the interior of your F-body looks and feels like it was made by Fisher Price, wait till you get in the Cobalt. However, so far our company's Cobalts have held up quite well. I've driven at least 6 different ones (Conservative estimate; probably closer to ten). No mechanical issues so far, but we rarely take them above 35,000 miles. Hope this helps.
          Really? Now, I think our interiors have the build quality of red bricks, cement and cobble stones, but when I sat in Cobalt SS Supercharged, the quality surpassed my Bird 4x times! I admit their was some trims pieces that felt cheap, but it was built rock solid and looked great! I was impressed...and I don't walk away impressed much. Now, a interior that I wouldn't mind burning would be Cavaliers and Sunfires...man, they were horrid!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

American Rice. but, it is American........ from what I hear and have seen, they are pretty decent cars.

The Japanese influence sure is smaking us. That spoiler on the Cobalt SS.......... vomit.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
              Really? Now, I think our interiors have the build quality of red bricks, cement and cobble stones, but when I sat in Cobalt SS Supercharged, the quality surpassed my Bird 4x times! I admit their was some trims pieces that felt cheap, but it was built rock solid and looked great! I was impressed...and I don't walk away impressed much. Now, a interior that I wouldn't mind burning would be Cavaliers and Sunfires...man, they were horrid!
              That's the top of the line model. I probably should have stated the base and lower end models. I just checked out some SS's on cardomain.com and you're right. The SS's and models with leather and what not weren't too bad. The dashboard and center console are what get me. When I asjust the seat, I feel like the lever is going to snap too.
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
              X