Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy can play the piano with balls!

Whoever changed the title needs to get a sense of humor and grow up............ SERIOUSLY. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that title if you actually took the time to watch the video. The entire point of the title was to get a laugh.

Comment

I watched the vid. very talented individual for sure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Yep, dude has some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTa
          Whoever changed the title needs to get a sense of humor and grow up............ SERIOUSLY. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that title if you actually took the time to watch the video. The entire point of the title was to get a laugh.

All it takes is for a member of the forum to report the post by clicking the icon and it gets set to a moderator. Let me get this straight.... one would have to watch the video in order for the original topic to not be offensive? Don't think so.........
          All I can say is that if a moderator edits anything, I back them up 100%. There is no negotiation, the moderators and administrators can remove, delete for any reason and that about sums it up. I read the post and watched the video, there is nothing wrong with those so I could see the video and the post staying rather than being deleted completely. I would think that an edit would be better than a delete? Perhaps a review of the rules in the newbie section? :

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18199

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            All it takes is for a member of the forum to report the post by clicking the icon and it gets set to a moderator. Let me get this straight.... one would have to watch the video in order for the original topic to not be offensive? Don't think so.........
            All I can say is that if a moderator edits anything, I back them up 100%. There is no negotiation, the moderators and administrators can remove, delete for any reason and that about sums it up. I read the post and watched the video, there is nothing wrong with those so I could see the video and the post staying rather than being deleted completely. I would think that an edit would be better than a delete? Perhaps a review of the rules in the newbie section? :

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18199
            Then maybe you should consider revising the rules to reflect the discouragement of a sense of humor on this board, because no where in the rules does it state that a harmlessly humorous title is not allowed. The last time I checked, 99.999% of the members here were adults and adults are afforded the right to have a laugh every now and then.

Comment

Then maybe you should consider revising the rules to reflect the discouragement of a sense of humor on this board, because no where in the rules does it state that a harmlessly humorous title is not allowed. The last time I checked, 99.999% of the members here were adults and adults are afforded the right to have a laugh every now and then.

If it wasn't offensive, I suppose nothing would have been changed. Just remember, what you thought was funny last time ended up with hate e-mails sent your way. At the time you thought it was funny, and against my better judgement I left it alone. In the end you were bailing out and wanted the thread deleted due to the heat. Now you see that it's that type of environment that we try to avoid.

I think you are confused about something. A moderators job is simply to keep the house clean. We do this 24/7 to provide a clean house that anyone can visit, no rent is charged, all we ask is that you respect the rules of the house and not post certain material. That material is... and I quote:

"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners and moderators of F-Body Message Board have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

That basically translates into:
              No cursing, no sexually oriented material, no flaming, no threats, no breaking the law. "

We do this out of love for the forum, we sure as hell don't get paid to do this nor do we like it when criticized when someone forces us to do our job.

Comment

what you thought was funny last time ended up with hate e-mails sent your way. At the time you thought it was funny, and against my better judgement I left it alone. In the end you were bailing out and wanted the thread deleted due to the heat.
                Let me refresh your memory.... Joe. The "heat", as you so conveniently refer to, was started by Ken. Actually let's tell it how it is........the gay referendums in my Mustang post were initiated by Ken. I took it as a complete joke and was just rolling with it and so did all of my good friends on this board.... and many even not on this board. Ken has always had a good sense of humor like that and that's why he is liked. The reason I sent you and Ken a PM to delete that thread was because some people apparently did not like the gay joking around and sent some gay hate emails to some members of this board including myself. Do not twist the truth around to make yourself look better at my expense. You wanna get under my skin that's a quick way to do it brother.

We do this out of love for the forum, we sure as hell don't get paid to do this nor do we like it when criticized when someone forces us to do our job.
                You don't like to be criticized for doing your job, and I don't like to be criticized for attempting to make someone laugh and put a smile on their face while not breaking any rules. So once again....let's agree to disagree.

Comment

You don't like to be criticized for doing your job, and I don't like to be criticized for attempting to make someone laugh and put a smile on their face while not breaking any rules. So once again....let's agree to disagree.
                  That's where you are wrong. You posted something in the title that was clearly against the rules. That is it, Period and the end of the discussion. One more time and it will end for good. This isn't something open for negotiation. To make matters worse, it comes to my attention that your title was edited once so you changed it back, a complete lack of regard for a moderator that was doing what had to be done. Things like that will earn you some time out to re-evaluate things.

Comment

the registered members are adults. their children use their sign on's to cruise the forum. thats why its an f body friendly site.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

That's where you are wrong. You posted something in the title that was clearly against the rules. That is it, Period and the end of the discussion. One more time and it will end for good. This isn't something open for negotiation. To make matters worse, it comes to my attention that your title was edited once so you changed it back, a complete lack of regard for a moderator that was doing what had to be done. Things like that will earn you some time out to re-evaluate things.
                      +1

Joe has done more for this site than anyone but JR...and Jr is gone off it now, and Joe knows a heck of lot more than I do about admin stuff.....im still learning.

I stand behind Joe the same way I stood behind JR...... even though JR hinted he was giving me the "right to the site'....i place myself beside Joe and behind him on some admin stuff.......

so lets follow the rules and be cool. and maybe the gay stuff got outta hand, I didnt mean for it to, but it must have, and the thought of offending anyone for it makes me ashamed.

on wit da show.

Comment

Working...
                      X