I Got The New Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got The New Car

I picked up my '05 Acura TL on Saturday. It has 20K on the clock, and every possible option.

It's satin silver metallic over ebony leather. A quick list of some of the features...

Bi-Xenon headlights, 5-speed "manu-matic", navigation with alpine 5.1 surround audio, bluetooth wireless, voice command for everything from navigation to climate control, heated seats, factory Brembo brakes all around...

This car is the nicest quality of any I've ever owned. The interior is unreal. It's like sitting in a cockpit. The car flys as well. It has a 270 hp VTEC V6 (Yay! I'm a ricer!). The 5-speed auto is siquential, and the auto-shift gate is very smooth. It handles well for a luxo-sports sedan. The cabin is the quietest I've ever been in.

Here are some pics...

I talked them way down from the asking price, and got a 7 yr/75,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty through Acura for nothing. It was worth the hour and a half drive down to Long Island.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Looks sharp. Not too sure about Honda's approach with the metro-techno look they are taking with their cars...but the TL is a solid buy. Let us know how it drives.

Congrats.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i love those cars. perfect exterior/interior combo you got there.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks, guys.

I absolutely loved the T/A with every ounce of my soul. That was a car that just put a smile on my face when I drove it.

With that said... I believe this is the nicest overall car I've ever owned. It drives very predictably (which is something unusual in a heavy sedan). It eats up curves and pins you in your seat when making lane changes.

The cabin is very quiet, and all the bells and whistles are too cool for words. I'll give you an update when I've owned it for a while.
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

Comment

greg u got urself a good car there. only time we see those cars are for oil changes, tune ups and brakes/tires. not much else has ever gone wrong with them. when i can afford it, i wanna pick up a TSX, basically the TLs lil brother
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Those look sweet. I've entertained the idea of owning one, can't bring myself to go for a test drive. I hate spending that kind of dough on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
              (Yay! I'm a ricer!)
              Im sorry for your pain

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                greg u got urself a good car there. only time we see those cars are for oil changes, tune ups and brakes/tires. not much else has ever gone wrong with them. when i can afford it, i wanna pick up a TSX, basically the TLs lil brother
                The TSX is a nice car as well. I sat in one at the dealership while I was for my car to be finished with the prepping. real nice interior for a smaller car. Acura really knows how to design a nice interior.

Those look sweet. I've entertained the idea of owning one, can't bring myself to go for a test drive. I hate spending that kind of dough on anything.
                The money can hurt, but my monthly payment is decent, and I have one really nice car as opposed to one cool weekend ride, and one crappy daily driver. I actually sat in the car in my garage last night for about an hour, just playing with the nav system and the rest of the bells and whistles.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Awesome ride Greg. I'm sure you will love it.

Comment

My buddy has one. The voice command and bluetooth interface is amazing! He'll control the navigation, radio, and call a few people on the cell phone without ever taking his hands off the wheel.

It's what Cadillac should be doing with their interiors.
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

congrats............

domo arigoto, goziamusu.......neh?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                        congrats............

domo arigoto, goziamusu.......neh?

Mr. Funny Man.

I can sort of justify it... The car is built by the good people of Marysville, Ohio. Heck, my T/A was Canadian, and my wife's HHR is Mexican.
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
                          My buddy has one. The voice command and bluetooth interface is amazing! He'll control the navigation, radio, and call a few people on the cell phone without ever taking his hands off the wheel.

It's what Cadillac should be doing with their interiors.
                          It's funny... I used to talk to my Trans Am all the time. Now I have a car that will talk back.

The problem with the bluetooth is now I have to buy a new phone. Can't have a great option like that in the car and not have a compatible phone.

Originally posted by fastTa
                          Awesome ride Greg. I'm sure you will love it.
                          Thanks, Kevin. I really do love it. I miss the T/A, but this car certainly eases the pain a bit.
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                            It's funny... I used to talk to my Trans Am all the time. Now I have a car that will talk back.

The problem with the bluetooth is now I have to buy a new phone. Can't have a great option like that in the car and not have a compatible phone.

Thanks, Kevin. I really do love it. I miss the T/A, but this car certainly eases the pain a bit.
                            yall dont need no friggin new teliephone.....jus git urself a blue magic marker and color one of ur big front toofers blue..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                              yall dont need no friggin new teliephone.....jus git urself a blue magic marker and color one of ur big front toofers blue..........

Is that how you folk down yonder in Verginy do it? Don't you only have one toof?

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X