Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check this out! - The Lexus LS 460 that parallel parks itself!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out! - The Lexus LS 460 that parallel parks itself!

Supposedly some of the Toyotas and VW's are getting this same technology as well. Some people must really suck at parallel parking to make this a feature on today's cars.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...0_parking.html

While that is a pretty good idea, you shouldn't be driving if you don't have enough skill to parallel park.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty neat, but the interface is slow and cumbersome. By the time you load and makr your location using the Display you could have parked it and walked away. I read it the current issue of Motor Trend. I guess with all new-tech, it takes a few trials before they iron out all the kinks. Worthless idea in my opinion...but, I guess that's what luxury means, having things you don't need.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
        While that is a pretty good idea, you shouldn't be driving if you don't have enough skill to parallel park.
        Scary, isn't it. It's amazing that anybody can actually be bad at parallel parking. They are probably the ones who get in wrecks while talking on their cell phones...LOL.

We might be telling our grandchildren......"Yeah, I remember when I was younger........we used to have to actually drive our cars."

Comment

You guys that do this all the time are used to parallel parking. Down here, I'd say an easy 75-80% of folks don't know how to do it. I do because my dad taught me when I first learned how to drive, "just in case you ever move to a big city where you need to know how" but I never have. Of course, I can also back any size trailer up behind just about any vehicle I get behind the wheel of, but once again, that's because I have experience with it. But for folks who don't know how to parallel park, this thing could save your car, your friend's car, who knows how many bumpers, wheels, tires, and not to mention insurance checks.

Now, granted, it's slow and cumbersome, but think of this. Let's say grandma takes 15 or 20 seconds to program the system (she's getting used to it). She gets the spot the first try. Otherwise, granny is in and out 15 or 20 times taking 5 minutes, holding you up, or you go around her road raging and get high blood pressure giving you a heart attack and you crash into a school bus full of small children, igniting the tanks and blowing you and all the kids up, which then engulfs a theater full of elderly people and the entire city block is engulfed in flames because the firetrucks can't get around granny who's trying to parallel park. I bet you wish she had that system now!
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
            Now, granted, it's slow and cumbersome, but think of this. Let's say grandma takes 15 or 20 seconds to program the system (she's getting used to it). She gets the spot the first try. Otherwise, granny is in and out 15 or 20 times taking 5 minutes, holding you up, or you go around her road raging and get high blood pressure giving you a heart attack and you crash into a school bus full of small children, igniting the tanks and blowing you and all the kids up, which then engulfs a theater full of elderly people and the entire city block is engulfed in flames because the firetrucks can't get around granny who's trying to parallel park. I bet you wish she had that system now!
            Good point...you don't want Grandma denting a LS460...they aren't cheap. Point taken.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Actually, the long, drawn out, impossible story was preceded by the dents granny could make in YOUR Firebird or Camaro, or perhaps you have a daily driver that you like to keep clean. If granny wants to tear up her ride, ok by me, it's when she drags my rear bumper off or crumples my front one that the crap hits the fan.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
              X