got an "Oscar" today..LOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got an "Oscar" today..LOL

today was the Combined Federal Campain Rally. This years theme was "Be someones Star".... quite a few folks came dressed in costumes, impersonations, etc.... the big boss did a skit, we had good entertainment, was very well done.
    At the end, they had all the folks dressed up like "stars" one at a time come down the red carpet in the auditorium, the audiance was situated on both sides of the carpet with the speaker in the middle..... anywho......the three "Oscars" were based on applause volume from the audiance of around 200 folks...

Funny thing is, I had no idea they were going to do this.. I thought it was just browse and mingle and have fun......

after the tally they called the winners....... I was called first.... first place.....LOL... it was a hoot... of course I had to walk on the carpet up to get my prize, a nice awards coupon booklet worth hundreds in free this, buy one get one free stuff at all kinds of places... to ham it up, i stopped to point and do some hulk antiacs at the audiance...LOL...........

the main thing here though is the concept. i was very pleased to see it. every other years has been just one person in the office designated as the cfc person, walking around putting pressure on folks to donate...... where as this rally, with kids there that have benifited from cfc sponsored orgs, and sponsors, vendors, entertainment...changed the atomsphere...people were fired up.....and thats cool........

there were tons of pics taken...i hope to get a hold of some of them...this is the only pic I got right now, taken by a coworker after the rally in the office before i changed back to normal chit...... :drink:

anyway...it was fun.......! ( I dont think the real Hulk has to wear a Govt ID badge........hahaaha)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Nice...will the real Hulk Hogan please stand up?

Oh, by the way, I'd like to date your daughter, Brooke.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Congrats, Ken.

Sounds like it was a good time.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Well done! Sounds like you had a fun night.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Alll they do here is send an email... you fill out a form, they take the money and a few weeks later get an email telling us the cfc ended and how much money was raised. Y'all do costume parties and the whole shabang!

Great costume... I wonder if you'll ever do the Hogan look alike contest if they ever put one on again?
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Working...
          X