DVD install pictures.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD install pictures.

These cars are ridiculously low on room for things like this. Here's what I managed to come up with.

I had to fit this...

Into this...

I had planned on running the wires to the trunk and mount the amp there, but I couldn't get that thick of a bundle to go through here, so I took this apart for nothing..

So I said screw it and took the easier route, put the brain under the seat. I didn't have long enough wire to reach the trunk.

It comes really close to the bottom of the seat in some parts. It's gotta be in just the right spot up toward the front of the seat, or way in the back, which I didn't want cause my nephew and cousins will have their feet all over it. So I wanted it toward the front.

This is where the antenna booster wires went for the tv tuner. Thing gets good reception. Should be better when I tape the boosters to the back winshield, right now theyre kinda dangling in the trunk.

And here's the finished product. I need the black trim to go around it

The sound isn't too great, but this thing is sweet. The amp has hookups for any rca input I wanna hook up. laptop, digi cam, game systems, etc...

I miss how adjustable the alpine was. The alpine was def. 10x better as far as sound and adjustability. I haven't figured out how to adjust my sub with the head unit.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

wOw! that's a lotta hardware, but you pulled it off, looks good.

is it NAV capable?
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Nice work. I admire people who can rip into their dash, pull all sorts of wires out, and come out with a clean install in the end.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

yep, i can hook up a nav. system to it. maybe in a few months, i've been thinking about it already.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

no wonder there are so many accidents, this, cell phones, etc. you need to pay attention to the road when driving......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
            no wonder there are so many accidents, this, cell phones, etc. you need to pay attention to the road when driving......

women and old people cause accidents... I always pay attention.

it's more for my cousins, nephews, girlfriend, looks, etc... I've wanted one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              women and old people cause accidents
              Ut oh....I have a feeling that the hate mail is about to start rolling in.....
              LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

the DVD player in my Z06 shuts off as soon as you put her in gear.

with the veracity of the newly converted, I now think ALL vehicles should have manual trannies. that keeps you more focused on what you're doing.
                Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
                  the DVD player in my Z06 shuts off as soon as you put her in gear.

with the veracity of the newly converted, I now think ALL vehicles should have manual trannies. that keeps you more focused on what you're doing.
                  Yeah my boss at my last job had an alpine dvd/monitor hooked up in his dash. He had to pay the guys at the shop that installed it some cash under the table to put a switch in so that the dvd would stay on even in gear.

Comment

in all seriousness, no flames intended. i dont understand a dvd player in the front of a car. thats for the living room/family room. when you are in a perf car, enjoy the drive..... music if you want on long trips..... guess im from the old school. i rarely even play music. i drive it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                      enjoy the drive..... music if you want on long trips..... guess im from the old school.
                      I'm with you on that note...I like to listen to some tunes while driving...but it seems like everytime "Born To Be Wild" comes on, I tend to speed a little bit more than I normally would.
                      LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Working...
                      X