Death by Caffeine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death by Caffeine

Ever wonder how much pop it would take to kill ya?

Here ya go

http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

I don't know but I gotta be close.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

It takes more regular Coke than Diet Coke to kill me...go figure lol
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Its funny that this got posted. Last sunday I was at a bar and had 6 or so Redbulls & Vodka. Let me tell you, I dont think it would have taken too many more than that to put me down. (Im 6'5" & 245lbs) The next morning I was seriously considering checking myself into the hospital. My heart was POUNDING out of my chest, skipping beats & my hands wouldnt stop shaking. That day I decided to ditch the red bull for good. (Except mabey for the occasional Jagerbomb) hehe
        No F-Body right now

Comment

I found it more interesting that it would take 15,000+ Hershey's Kisses to kill me.

I'd probably die from sugar shock well before that mark.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

i consume caffeeeeeeene by the pound.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I dont get this thing, over how long of period of time are the beverages consumed. Because my friend is absolutly addicted to Mountain Dew and easily drinks 2 or 3 cans every day for as long as ive known him ( about 7 or 8 years) hes 170lbs and it says 210.95 cans. So he should have died like 6 or 7 years ago. Can someone explain this.
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Im sure it means in a pretty short period of time. Although, caffeine stays in your system alot longer than most people realize. So mabey its not that short.
                No F-Body right now

Comment

I'm guessing it means in a short period. Although I'm not sure how scientific this system is. I think it's just an amusing aside.

Some people react differently to certain substances. My Uncle can't touch high sodium things, but he can drink the strongest coffee all day long.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                    Its funny that this got posted. Last sunday I was at a bar and had 6 or so Redbulls & Vodka. Let me tell you, I dont think it would have taken too many more than that to put me down. (Im 6'5" & 245lbs) The next morning I was seriously considering checking myself into the hospital. My heart was POUNDING out of my chest, skipping beats & my hands wouldnt stop shaking. That day I decided to ditch the red bull for good. (Except mabey for the occasional Jagerbomb) hehe

A college bar I used to visit had $2 red bull and vodka nights. I remember one night a lady friend and I made it back to my place after a full night of drinking them and we could hear our hearts beating. I've never been so fired up at 4 am. We both agreed our hearts felt like they were going to blow through our chests. We could feel them beating through the bed. I will never drink that many. It was a little scary.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                      A college bar I used to visit had $2 red bull and vodka nights. I remember one night a lady friend and I made it back to my place after a full night of drinking them and we could hear our hearts beating. I've never been so fired up at 4 am. We both agreed our hearts felt like they were going to blow through our chests. We could feel them beating through the bed. I will never drink that many. It was a little scary.
                      i used to take coffee grounds and soak them with vodka and make popscilcles......when i drank hard stuff, which i dont anymore........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm eat it on down....

all kidding aside yall, Red Bull, Monster, and most of those energy drinks have other stuff in them to that speeds up your metab........ drink a vodka tonic with an expresso on the side... unless you can handle all those other ingrediants in the energy drinks that boost the caffeene effect,

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Your stomach would burst or you would vomit all that crap up way before you could ever consume the necessary amount, but it's good to know that if I can hold it all down, I can commit suicide with a whole lot of Red Bull

BTW- Am I a freak? I could drink Red Bull all day long and it doesn't seem to have any effect on me whatsoever. I don't get any energy from it and I don't get the "pounding heart" sensation. This is after 3 or 4 in under an hour. I don't drink it often because I can't imagine it being good for you, but I love the taste so I'll chug a can every so often.
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Alright for a health lab a couple years ago I calculated about 3 mountain dews (regular not diet or amp) per minute for an hour on a 140 pound male in average health would bring about a heart attack (and renal faliure before that ever happened).

And nightrage, caffine supresses a sleep inducing hormone (melatonin). It could be possible that 1) Your body just doesnt react to it or 2) you have low levels of melatonin during the day

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

83 cans of monster and i'm toast! I drank 3 in a row one day and I thought I was going to die. Heart was pounding, bad shakes, and sweating profusely. I'd die well before 83 can's i'd say.
                            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

When I used to play hockey, i would down two Sobe Ardrenaline Rush drinks. They gave me enough energy to last the game. Red Bull seemed weak to me for some reason.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X