Old School Comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    That's the ticket right there. I see that Acura in your sig about every day, that's a nice ride. I could see myself using that as a daily commuter, keeping my other playtoys for leisure.
    Thanks.

It definitely made selling the T/A a little easier. I really like this car. There's a ton of gadgets inside, and the exterior styling is simple but aggressive. The thing is an absolute rocket merging onto the interstate. The throttle-by-wire took a little getting used to, but I've got it down now.

Buying something like that used is definitely the way to go. I couldn't see buying it new.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Greg, how fast is it compared to your WS6? I'd assume your WS6 was at least a full second or more quicker in the 1320, but how does that translate to SOTP?
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
        Greg, how fast is it compared to your WS6? I'd assume your WS6 was at least a full second or more quicker in the 1320, but how does that translate to SOTP?
        It's weird.

It "feels" quicker off the line. The initial jolt of power is definitely bigger, but the WS6 would take it before too long. The TL is a lot faster than I originally thought. The T/A is faster, but I guess I expected that. The Acura continues to impress me. It's a comp[letely different animal than the T/A, but in comparison, it isn't as far off as I thought it would be.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
        X