One HOT momma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One HOT momma

well, kinda....I am pretty fired up though! Last month I wrote about how my '96 T/A was stuck because of the VATS problem and had to have it towed to the shop. Well, late last week I noticed damage from the tow truck to the rear bumper. They had to pull it up onto the flat-bed from behind, and apparently the cable had rubbed up on the bumper underneath and also caused it to buckle a little. Even though I had it towed back on the 18th of Oct., I just noticed paint flaking and looked underneath and found the damage. There is even brown marks left from the cable. This is something I would have never noticed until I washed the car. My husband took the car to the towing company yesterday and they all pretty much agreed the flat-bed did the damage. They said they would have the owner call us, well, he never did. We called back today and one that looked at the car yesterday totally denied they did anything, and said they "dispute" it. UHH!! My last words were, "see ya in court then"!! I've never had to take anybody to small claims court before, for that matter don't even know where to start. But these fellas over there have sure pressed the wrong buttons with me.
    -Had to vent
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

That's terrible. It's things like this that force me to stand there and watch the entire time. Any damage and you can be right there to point it out and document. Hope it turns out ok.

Comment

That sucks...

I'd stand by my car every second if I could...when I take it to the shop to get alignments or rotation and balances...I stand and watch.

Hope it works of for ya...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Awful. Not enough honest people left in the world.

A friend of mine tows on the weekends. Whenever he can, he makes sure to have the person watch him drag the car up the ramp. He said he makes just enough for spending money and doesn't want it taken away because he screwed someone's car up.

Good luck and let us know what happened.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

get tons of pictures, document everything in writting, i mean everything. leave no stone unturned.

have it with you in court.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Yes, it really stinks that I didn't actually see this happening. I was there watching the whole time when they loaded her up and unloaded her at the shop. The thing is, I most always watch the nose of the car because anyone knows with a T/A, the front end is most likely to scrape when being loaded/unloaded from the flat-bed. So that's where my focus was. The towing company said that they think the shop did the damage, probably from the lift???? Duh...first off, the car never went on a lift for the VATS problem, second, the lift does not touch the dead center of the bumper. I have included a pic (attachment) here for all you to see.
            I am going to get a statement from the shop this week, I went today and filed the small claims paperwork. They told me I'll have a hearing around the 18th of Dec. I would totally fess up if I felt I may have caused this myself, I am not out to get anybody, but they are completely responsible for this (I think). I have to get all my ducks in a row for this one, but I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!
            Attached Files
            1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

That stinks!!! I hope everything works out!!!
              '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Working...
              X