PINKS - all out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PINKS - all out

Anyone watch the new pinks all out show tonight? If you did catch it what did you think of it? I like the new format a lot better than the old version.
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Yup. I like it better, but think the 10-sec. rule is crap. The guy with the Camaro that hits high-9s was DQ-ed for a dang good run...total BS. And I was disappointed the GN guy red-lighted, but it happens.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Watched it last night. Its better than the original.
      Over 300 cars of all kinds trying to get on the show.
      I think the idea was to get the tightest group of 16 cars that could supposedly run flat out and not go under a certain ET. Thats why the Camaro that ran 9.76 was DQ.
      There was a car that ran high Sevens, also a Camaro I believe, that was the low ET for the qualifiers.
      There is just no way to have a heads up race without alot of rules and restrictions. Look at NHRA Pro Stock it started as a fairly low dollar way to race heads up with factory cars and has turned into a multi million dollar way to race heads up.
      I have just talked to someone who is going NHRA Pro Stock racing and the program cost 3 MILLION dollars to get into going first class. Thats a new full rig with all the tools and backups needed, new car, and that does not include motors as they will be leasing them at 10K per race from Iaconnio.

Comment

Working...
      X