Just one of those cool pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one of those cool pics

I was taking a flight at dusk with my F-22 Raptor. This pic was snapped by my girlfriend who is pretty good with a camera. This was toward the end of the flight, decending for a landing.

Maybe I should ask for a Futaba or JR for Christmas. Cool.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

cool! i have a Raptor too!

Kimber Ultra Raptor II

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sweet pic, Joe.

All these pics you've posted could be easily mistaken for real.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Nice man, what kind is that, what size? Nice touch with the landing lights! wow, you like F-body's and scale airplanes? My dad's got a little MiG-15, its like a streak and I've got a FW-190. Thats a nice plane you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by envygreenbird
            Nice man, what kind is that, what size? Nice touch with the landing lights! wow, you like F-body's and scale airplanes? My dad's got a little MiG-15, its like a streak and I've got a FW-190. Thats a nice plane you got there.
            I'm familiar with both of those planes. Nice! Those Mig 15s are great flyers. This one is a Walkera F-22, here's a daytime pic.

Comment

Nice! here's some of our planes. Well I couldn't find a pic small enough, so here's a pic of my car
              Attached Files

Comment

Uh...oh....... Flameout! Lost an engine yesterday, the impeller was sucked into the body of the fan and it was blowing chunks out the exhaust. It did it right after launch. She started climbing out and the carnage started. I still had enough momentum to circle around and land. Even though I had one fan working perfectly and could have flown it around, I had no idea what damage had been done so it was cut power and make an emergency landing. Actually the motor itself is fine, the impeller and fan body are trashed. Fortunately I keep spares, I did surgury last night and the patient survived. She was back in the sky again this morning.

Comment

And here's one from a flight this AM.

Comment

Man thats perty, what size duct/motor are you running? Is that stratch built or is it a kit?

Comment

This bird uses twin 75mm ducted fans, twin brushless electric motors, pulls about 60 amps at wide open throttle. It's roughly a 45 inch wingspan, so it's not exactly small. I built this from a kit, unfortunately the manufacturer of this kit was forced to stop production. The big airplane makers, aka Boeing, Lockheed, etc... own the rights to their designs and likeness. So.... unless they get their licensing cut, they pitch a fit. this kit wasn't manufactured very long before the corporate greed forced them to pay or stop. Lucky I had the foresight to buy a backup kit and tuck it away for later.

I also have an F-16 from the same manufacturer (same scenerio too) that uses a single 75mm fan. I think I have about a dozen flyable platforms, mostly jets with lots of spare parts and kits to keep myself amused for years. one of my favorites is a 747 with 4 ducted fans. It flys pretty scale and really looks authentic in the air.

Comment

Working...
                      X