Land speed record!!!!!!!!!! Wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That machine is truly awesome.

I think that the hardest race car crashes sustain about 50-100 instantaneous Gs. Never constant like that!

However, to compare it to a top fueler is a bit unfair (wheel driving combustion motor vs thrust in a helium tube vs instantly propelled object) - kinda like comparing it to this http://www.livescience.com/technolog...z_machine.html which accelerates at 10^10 Gs. Ok, well, not quite as bad
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Plates

Those are some fast plates. Like the ones some of our wifes throw at us when they are mad.
      It is not a fair comparison, a wheel driven vehicle vs. a multi stage rocket on rails. It's just that something we think of as very quick looks very slow next to something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
        Think your'e fast or a Top Fuel Dragster is fast or the SR 71 Blackbird is fast.
        Check this out. The World Land Speed Record, or air for that matter, is 6,453 miles per hour. It was performed at the Holloman high speed test track in New Mexico on April 30, 2003.
        Technically, this isn't a record. The Space Space shuttle is much faster. Between 3 and 4 times faster. It just takes a bit longer to reach that speed.

Comment

Thier claim is the Land Speed Record. It has to be done with a shoe that ties to the rails or the vehicle will take off. It is done in under 5 seconds too.

Comment

Right now I am sitting about 12 miles from that very test track. They shoot various projectiles at concrete targets at the end of the track. Every once in a while I'll here a sonic boom then look out the window and see a bloom of dust go up in the air. I operate the concrete plant that makes the concrete for the majority of those targets. Some of the targets are 20'x20'x10' they've had projectiles go through five of those space 15 feet apart. this is just the head of the projectile with no explosive.
            1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Some of the targets are 20'x20'x10'
              Just curious...how much does all that concrete cost us tax payers? (per cubic yard?)

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
                Just curious...how much does all that concrete cost us tax payers? (per cubic yard?)
                $87 per cy. and 75cy per block most of the time the gov. does by the concrete, the people contracted to make the missles by the concrete and "rent" the sled track.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Missle went thru 5 20'x20'x10' concrete barriers?? Good grief Charlie Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                    Missle went thru 5 20'x20'x10' concrete barriers?? Good grief Charlie Brown.
                    And that is just the head of the projectile with no explosive pretty crazy! Bin Laden is a lucky man if we find out where he is.

Comment

Working...
                    X