Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prayers for us folks.......

some more tough stuff........

Reno..our soon to turn 5, male Golden Retriever, the one that raised Keona when she came home at 5 weeks... the "icon" of our "pack"...has to have surgery on Friday.

He's one hell of a dog... loves everybody... strong as an ox...never gets into any squables with the other ones like the others have done to eachother now and then.... great watch dog, unlike most goldens... obediant as can be... just a great little guy... well...not little...92lbs worth of golden....

about a year ago, we noticed this tiny bump right on the inside of his bottom gum behind his teeth. it never grew, stayed the same...so we just kinda of thought nothing of it. the other night....we noticed it had gotten bigger...so mary took Reno in today to have it checked. It has to be removed...they will send it away for a biopsy... right now....the vet does not think its a cancer, but you have to be sure...

Most likely its an epulis. These are benign tumors that occur
    around the base of the teeth (often between two teeth). But you have to be sure. If its cancer, and not caught immediately, it can take a dogs life by spreading throughout the body extremely fast.

We are praying its ok.... and most of the indicators appear it is... but the vet has mary quite worried....she wanted it to come out today!

here's Reno with Keona... Keona loves this guy beyond anything...

thanks in advance yall.......

throw in a few extra words for my Mother-in-law as well...she's having surgery day after tomarrow... hip replacement. i have to take off and stay home with the dogs as mary will be having to be doing all the shuttling for her dad to and from the hospital, located over 40 miles from where they live... he's 93.....but in great shape for 93.... but driving the interstate and beltway by himself......noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gonna be a full week around our den.....for sure......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

thoughts, prayers and best wishes, Ken!

stress how important it is to your MIL to get up and move around as advised...and to do the breathing exercises if prescribed too.

I'm pulling for both.
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Ouch. Consider it done.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with your family- one of my shepards, a big girl at 110 lb, had surgery this summer for torsional bloat, and I still panic every time she hiccups or gurgles. Hope your pack comes through fine-
        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with you and your family Ken.

Our dog goes in on Tuesday for her surgery. A very similiar situation - ever since she was a puppy she had a pink dot on her lower lip. Then about 3 weeks ago it started growing, it is pretty good size now, but the biopsy showed it was benign.

The vet said it is just a growth, (they didn't give us the technical term for it so I am not dure if it is the same thing your dog has or not) but it needs to be removed.

Randy
          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I'm praying for you and your family. Having a Golden now myself, I know how loving and loyal these dogs can be.

He'll pull through. He sounds like a fighter.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

thanks yall.
              mary is up north at the hospital with her mom and dad now. im dog sitting. she wont be home till late.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Best wishes and prayers out to you and for your mother-in-law and of course Reno. Sounds like you got lots on your shoulders...

We're right here if you need us.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

best wishes to both the MIL and Reno....and speaking of Reno...didnt you say awhile back he had trouble with his ear (ruptured eardrum)? How'd that turn out?
                  LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Originally posted by LarryMow
                    best wishes to both the MIL and Reno....and speaking of Reno...didnt you say awhile back he had trouble with his ear (ruptured eardrum)? How'd that turn out?
                    turns out..if his ear drum is ruptured, im gonna rupture mine, he hears better than me......

he's fine. vet said she still thinks it looks ruptured though. i find it hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X