Saw a Fisher Cat today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a Fisher Cat today

just was chilling with my buddy b/sing outside. so this think like a weasle bout had like the face of a bear. looked it up online, turned out to be a fisher cat. pretty aggresive animals. they are bout 2 feet long, and have supposedly taking down cows! prays on the smaller stuff tho. so if u got housecats or dogs keep them inside when ur not around esp since its winter time
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Tough critter

2 Feet long and can take down a cow. Thats one tough critter. A friend of mine who used to live on a ranch was telling me about Lynx Bobcats. He said they would walk thru the ranch like they owned it and the dogs would run and hide if they saw one. They supposedly have paws the size of your hand and only weigh about 45-50 lbs. Even Pumas don't tangle with them despite being more than twice the size. You want to keep your housepets away from that.

Comment

Very cool! We have bobcats around here.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Lynx sound like a baby ing when they yell. Think of a farmer walking out to his field checking on his sheep and you start to hear that sound!

Although they don't hunt man (too big) it would still be scary.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          just was chilling with my buddy b/sing outside. so this think like a weasle bout had like the face of a bear. looked it up online, turned out to be a fisher cat. pretty aggresive animals. they are bout 2 feet long, and have supposedly taking down cows! prays on the smaller stuff tho. so if u got housecats or dogs keep them inside when ur not around esp since its winter time

Not that I didn't believe you but this is the first link I came across. Right up there with you. Very, very cool sighting! Crazy looking little bastards.

click

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
          Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I've always thought it's a shame that cats cannot be trained to attack on command and to guard your home like a dog can. Felines are built for speed and power and anyone who's ever tried to control a pissed off cat can attest to that fact.

Can you imagine the schene, a burglar breaks into the house as seef fluffy the cute persian sitting in the middle of the room. Cut to an ambulance and the burglar ripped to shreads being carted away and the cat sitting there cleaning its paws...

Scott
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

That would be the ideal pet for Joe. I'm sure it doesn't hang around on top of cars and gets rid of cats.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

That's funny you mention seeing one, Kyle. Our paper just had a big article on how they are back in CT after a long absence. Very cool sighting.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I saw something the other day, not sure what it was. Looked like a huge squirrel but from the shoulders foreward it was black. It looked about the size of a Otter, but was more squirrel like in shape and movement. Wondered what the heck that was.

Comment

Cats

I don't think housecats are big enough to take on a full grown human. I have an 18 pound male that is larger and stronger than most normal housecats. However he is no match for a full grown human. Trained cats could definetly scare some crooks off though as quite a few people are scared of them. I don't know of anybody who has tried to train them for that purpose, but they can inflict some damage with 1/2 inch fangs and razor sharp claws.
                    A Lynx Bobcat is another story they could tear up any human that dosen't have a weapon.
                    There was a case where somebody had a pet mountain lion and it was so docile that they had to get a dog for protection. Imagine being a crook, breaking into a house and getting greeted by something like that.

Comment

I wish I could have a trained shotgun that just sets by the door and goes off whenever there is trouble, but since those don't exsist I might have to find an attack cat. Anyone know any good breeders?

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Ha Joe now that pony boy is in Florida you will see a lot of things you never saw. LOL By the way where has he been. He has not put his 2 cents in on the board for a wile.
                        Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                          Ha Joe now that pony boy is in Florida you will see a lot of things you never saw. LOL By the way where has he been. He has not put his 2 cents in on the board for a wile.
                          Blazer
                          It's explained in THIS THREAD.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

i guess one departement of the fed set 30 or 35 of em loose in northern Litchfield county(litchfield area) and they caught 5 of them, without tags. mt buddy works in danbury at mars electric(behind the parking garage at westconn now) and i guess he went to work yesterday and there was a fox severed in half! kinda cool yet scary if ya'll ask me
                            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

We have lots of wolverines (cousin to the fisher) here. Oh and cougers too, Both varieties

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                              6.2L/382.97 ci
                              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                              WCT-5 speed
                              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                              Boss MS 18" Rims
                              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                              Custom Dual exhaust
                              1LE upgrade
                              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror