Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing mini ferarri

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/30/v...lly-functional

Incredible that he did everything himself. Down to the valves. Amazing!
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

thats cool

Comment

Thats incredible!!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/30/...ully-functional

Good grief, I like to build my own engines and quite a few other things. This however is beyond belief. 15 Years to build it and everything works!
      This guy has incredible talent, made the tires, glass, complete motor, fuel injection. He also made it from PICTURES!!! I've never seen or heard of anything like that. The only thing I wonder is why he didn't build a full size one so he could drive it, he obviously has the talent to do it.

Comment

Now that is called a hobby

20,000 hours, every piece custom hand made It defies any comparison !
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

um...wow. that's amazing.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Wouldnt it have cost a ton of money to manufacture all of those parts??? I mean the work that went into drilling the engine and making pistons???? Does it have piston rings and all that good stuff.

That is very neat, job well done
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

I'm sure it has all the components of it's full size counterpart, he even cast his own engine block, glass, and made the tires. The attention to detail was unreal, even the gauges worked.

Comment

I barely have the patience to put a plastic model together, and when I do it's not exactly a work of art. This guys Awsome!!
                1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackthunder50
                  Wouldnt it have cost a ton of money to manufacture all of those parts??? I mean the work that went into drilling the engine and making pistons???? Does it have piston rings and all that good stuff.

That is very neat, job well done
                  I looked at his site and it looks like he has alot of machining equipment at home. I'm guessing that is where he made most of it. As for the rings, I doubt it very much that he has rings in it as the 1/4 scale V8 engines almost never do. I wonder how much HP it makes? 1/8? less?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                  Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                  6.2L/382.97 ci
                  Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                  WCT-5 speed
                  BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                  Boss MS 18" Rims
                  Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                  Custom Dual exhaust
                  1LE upgrade
                  Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                  In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                    I looked at his site and it looks like he has alot of machining equipment at home. I'm guessing that is where he made most of it. As for the rings, I doubt it very much that he has rings in it as the 1/4 scale V8 engines almost never do. I wonder how much HP it makes? 1/8? less?
                    I would bet that he DID make rings for it. He wouldn't go in that much detail to make an **exact** replica, then leave out the rings.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      I would bet that he DID make rings for it. He wouldn't go in that much detail to make an **exact** replica, then leave out the rings.
                      I just can't see it being possible to have rings that worked at that scale. I would be afraid that they might break apart and cause engine failure by twisting in the bore. They could only be half a millimeter thick to get three rings in a piston the size of a pencil eraser. Even if he went with just one ring It would still be incredibly small and on an engine that small and in an area that no one can see, I just think it wouldn't be extremely hard with little to no benifit, and a danger to the life of the engine.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                        I just can't see it being possible to have rings that worked at that scale. I would be afraid that they might break apart and cause engine failure by twisting in the bore. They could only be half a millimeter thick to get three rings in a piston the size of a pencil eraser. Even if he went with just one ring It would still be incredibly small and on an engine that small and in an area that no one can see, I just think it wouldn't be extremely hard with little to no benifit, and a danger to the life of the engine.
                        It does a close up of the motor in his hand, right on the piston. It's much larger than a pencil eraser.

The guy just seems to anal to leave something like that out.

Comment

Working...
                        X