Car Insurance need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance need help

Helo, ok, so since i have moved i need to get a new car insurance provider, cause my current insurance company wants to jump $500 since i moved from NC to Chicago.
    anyway, who ya'll got for car insurance? are they reasonably priced for a 6-month period?
    i've done those comparisons on the web, i have checked some quotes from www.oneshopinsurance.com. yeah its cool but i would like to hear what's good from other forum members.kindly share your experience and ideas.

thanks in advance
    Manni

I am personally with State Farm right now, but the only reason is because their sportbike insurance is unbeatably cheap. I previously was with Allstate, and they were actually the cheapest at the time for my 96 WS6. The best advice I can give you is try Progressive, as their calculator is accurate and they mean it when they tell you that sometimes they aren't the cheapest. But be prepared, because as soon as you do that your current insurance company might call you and ask why you're shopping. That could give you an advantage when you say something about how much it's jumping. Of course, if I were an insurance company and a client moved to one of the top 10 cities for stolen cars, I'd be apt to jump your prices up too.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

As you've found out, insurance rates, procedures, requirements, what companies are allowed to do business in the State, etc,. are specific to each State. A great deal or company in California might be a poor deal in Chicago. You've got to do the comparisons on a local basis. Someone else's experience in a different State is irrelavant.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

/\ what Fred said....besides, you didn't tell us who your carrier is now, so how do we know that we aren't telling you about the same company?

BTW...Welcome to the forum!

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Yeah you all have a point there.
          i have checked some quotes from insurance companies which the site has.its coolall state and state farm, but not that cheap for me..i will also check progressive then.thanks I can compare insurance prices before choosing whats best for me.

Manni

Comment

Working...
          X