wanted to introduce myself and car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted to introduce myself and car

hey guys well i'm kinda a newbie on here i've been registered for a little while and i've made a couple of posts, but i guess i haven't formally introduced myself. i'm actually relatively new to the f-body world in general, the first car that i purchased when i was 17 was a '89 firebird formula with a 305 which i ended up swappin out to a 350. when i graduated from my first college i was given a '95 T/A, auto, Convertible as a grad. gift. shortly after that i put a stage 2 P1-SC procharger kit on it with twin high flow intercoolers, running around 8-9 psi. and jumped up to 42# injectors dynoed at 381 hp 401 ft-lb tq through the auto. i ran into some problems with it i lost the blower after a couple of months and had to get it replaced no biggy they stand behind they're product well. shortly after that i blew a head gasket. so now i'm in process of building a 383 with an eagle rolling assembly and slp forged 8.5/1 pistons, custom ground comp cam 242/248/584/579/114, ported and polished heads with the valves redone to 202/160, manley stainless valves, jumpin again to 65# injectors, and a smaller pulley on the blower to be right around 14-15 psi. and i switched the car over to a 6-speed with a SPEC stage 3 clutch and SPEC flywheel. hopefully should be a runner who knows. but i just thought i'd introduce myself and the car. i also have a '03 dakota R/T rc, and a '06 Honda 600RR. i am a diesel mechanic for a living and am really big into diesel performance "me and older brother, also a diesel mechanic, have built a competative diesel pulling truck" so if any one has any questions on anything diesel just ask and i'll be more than happy to answer or find out the answer for you. just wanted to introduce myself and car thanks for the help so far it's appreciated.
    '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
    '00 T/A Silver
    '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Awesome. I'm glad you took the time to tell us about you.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

thats an impressive mod list. im impressed. im currently getting an eaton rear diff w/ 3.73s in it. lot of money unfortunately bc i blew it up at school and no way of getting home to my own mechanic but o well i guess
      1997 Pontiac For Sale: Comp T/A, silver, 6-speed, T-Tops,
      Eibach Sportline 2" lowering springs, K&N filter, 5% limo tints
      Airfoil, Hypertech Programmer III, 3.73 w/Eaton diff

Comment

thanks i have some other mods but that's the main and most relevant ones. yeah i understand how bad it sucks for stuff to break and not be at your own place. fortunately i do all my own work on my car so as long as i can get ahold of someone to bring me a trailer it's no biggy but it's still a pain and definately aggrevating, i'm in college also so it just adds to the to do list with less time to deal with it. you got me on the rear axle i'm still running the factory with factory gears, i don't expect it to last but i'm gonna get what i can out of it.
        '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
        '00 T/A Silver
        '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

WelCome!
          Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

hi. nice to have you join us

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
            X