X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-35 first flight today

just in case you guys missed this.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/pressrelease/F-35.html

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

That's awsome, they are moving the F-22 out here to holloman air force base in 2007-08. I can't wait to be able to take a look at it. The F-117 is getting old to look at every day.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
      The F-117 is getting old to look at every day.
      Boo on you!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Wow, that is awesome.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 TA
          That's awsome, they are moving the F-22 out here to holloman air force base in 2007-08. I can't wait to be able to take a look at it. The F-117 is getting old to look at every day.
          They are replacing the 33rd fighter wing (15's) on Eglin AFB, FL. with an F-22 wing. Evidently the average age of an aircraft in the airforce is around 20 years old, it's nice to be getting new stuff.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Hmm.... might have to git me one of those.

Comment

I'd love to see what the Blue Angels could do with that plane. Anybody know what they're planning to switch to after the Hornets? They've had those for quite some time.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

Originally posted by FlyerPoot
                I'd love to see what the Blue Angels could do with that plane. Anybody know what they're planning to switch to after the Hornets? They've had those for quite some time.
                The new F-18 SuperHornet is out. It's larger, yet more agile.

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

hmmm..... i don't know a whole lot about military aircraft but i do live about 12 miles from Whiteman AFB which is home to the B-2's i've gone on a tour and been able to get in the cockpit and walk all around the plane couldn't take any pics of course it's pretty unusual for them to allow tours even. but that is one amazing machine that's for sure. about all i see fly in though is A-10's and B-2's.........always cool to watch fly.
                  '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                  '00 T/A Silver
                  '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

You guys are very lucky to have some awesome planes flying around where you live. All I see are KC-135's on approach to runway 28R in Pittsbugh. Great things to hear and see but wouldn't mind a change!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                      You guys are very lucky to have some awesome planes flying around where you live. All I see are KC-135's on approach to runway 28R in Pittsbugh. Great things to hear and see but wouldn't mind a change!
                      Those are awesome in person. I love large planes. We don't get a tremendous amount of military planes in my area. A ton of choppers as Sikorsky Aircraft is here. My wife works for them.

We get the occasional A-10 that comes out of Bradley International. But that's not too often.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

They also test unmanned drone planes out here (jets with no people). About 3 months ago one crashed out on the runway and they had to go out there with the bomb squad to de arm it before anyone could get near it. Scary to think those are cruising around overhead with live ammo.
                        1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

As far as the Blue Angels go, they fly the oldest F-18's in the bunch. The newer ones are kept to defend our country (makes sense).

Actually, according to their website, they've been in the F-18 for some 20 years now?? I guess it is time for an upgrade. (maybe they could get by with some simple performance mods...?)

What other aircraft does the Navy even have that could fulfill that role?
                          '96 Firebird Formula, LT1, stock, automatic

Comment

I saw a C5 Galaxy yesterday going home. That thing is a giant.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by brothapig
                              As far as the Blue Angels go, they fly the oldest F-18's in the bunch. The newer ones are kept to defend our country (makes sense).

Actually, according to their website, they've been in the F-18 for some 20 years now?? I guess it is time for an upgrade. (maybe they could get by with some simple performance mods...?)

What other aircraft does the Navy even have that could fulfill that role?

Nothing.....The F/A-18 has replaced both the F-14 and the A-6 in the carrier fleet, while it is not as perfect for the job as either of the others.

A-6 Intruder ever see Flight of the Intruder? There ya go, these were the workhorses of the navy. Even had a version that was an electronic warfare version called the EA-6 Prowler. Was a two man tandem aircraft with excellent night fighting abilities and a high payload as well.

F-14D Tomcat Think Top Gun. This fighter was the hailmark of the navy for years, is capable of tracking six targets at over one hundred miles away and launching the phoenix missile to engage them, only aircraft that can launch the phoenix. With its swing wings it has a higher top speed Mach 2.2 and can also turn and burn with the best.

I'd take a F-14 or F-16 over a Hornet anyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X