for or against capital punishment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for or against capital punishment

I don't really want to start a huge debate, but with the botched execution in Florida, I wanted to see how you guys felt.

I personally believe in an eye for an eye.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

I beleive an eye for an eye per say if there are 3 or more witnesses simply because of the finality of the penalty. BUTTT.... the penalty does make some heavy leverage in cases and places alot of pressure on the defendant.
    So...you could say I' m against it, but on the other hand I'm for it. For now I'm on the fence.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

For what it's worth, here's my take:

(First, a "strawman" situation)

Situation 1: The punishment for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a sixteen-year-old girl is death.

Situation 2: The punishment for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a sixteen-year-old girl is life without the possibility of parole.

(Feel free to substitute here your preferred victim for "sixteen-year-old girl".)

In Situation 1, the killer dies.

In Situation 2, the killer lives.

But in Situation 2 the killer has an incentive to kill the victim to prevent victim's testimony at trial.

Do everything possible to prove guilt (innocence being assumed under our system), but don't have a system that encourages the death of the victim.
      R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Where there is no doubt, hang em, and get rid of the endless appeals. Looks like 80% agree with that.
          The death penalty should only be for first degree murder.
          Not like in China where you can be killed for countless reasons. I heard they killed someone for selling bad meat and another kicking women in the groin. I guess thats one way to decrease the surplus population.

Comment

Working...
          X