Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody pumped for rocky?

http://www.rocky.com/

I can't wait til wed. I'll be there early, I wanna catch it before I go to work @ 3.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

the other day, I saw a promo for it, and I just erupted into uncontrollable laughter.

as the tears were streaming down my face, I realized I wasn't laughing at Stallone...I was laughing at all those who will pay to see it.

seriously, no disrespect intended at all, but that was my honest first reaction. To me, this will be about three Rocky movies too many.

But, I hope those who do see it enjoy it.
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

i asked who was excited to see it, not those who aren't. I'm a huge fan of them all, and this one looks to be good. I've always like sly stallone too.

I will enjoy it.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
        i asked who was excited to see it, not those who aren't...
        my bad, I thought you were asking if anyone was pumped for rocky, which I answered.
        Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Rocky

I will go see it. The original and the one with Mr. T were the best ones. It's hard to believe the first one was made almost 30 years ago. Don't always count out the older fighter remember George Foreman fighting and winning well into his 40's.
          In the late 60's there was actually a computer simulated fight between Ali and Rocky Marciano, (at that time they were both undefeated), where they actually got into the ring and fought before Marciano was killed in a plane crash, he was in his late 40's or early 50's then. The computer gave the win to Marciano and Ali said his body hurt for weeks after that fight.
          I wonder what Bruce Lee would have been like now if he lived. He would be in his 60's now and could still kick our butts.

Comment

I thought the series went down hill after Rocky III. They were almost laughable after that. The first three were awesome.

With that said, I'll wait for this one to come out on DVD and give it a rent. I'm intrigued. I don't go to the movies anymore. I don't care how much I want to see something. Last year, I bought a 61" Mitsubishi DLP. I wouldn't want it to go to waste.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The first 2 Rockys were excellent. The third was good. I enjoyed the rest, but you could tell that after the third it just wasn't the same.

I'm up in the air on this one. I'll probably see it if the mood strikes though. This will be the last chance to see a new Rocky movie.

Don't mean to be a downer at all. If you're psyched that's awesome!! Go have fun!!
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

It'll be great to see rocky on the big screen. That'd be sweet to see the first 2 on the big screen. Those two are by far my favorite, i loved part 3 as well, i liked 4 and 5 about equal.

Sly is making another rambo too.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                  It'll be great to see rocky on the big screen. That'd be sweet to see the first 2 on the big screen. Those two are by far my favorite, i loved part 3 as well, i liked 4 and 5 about equal.

Sly is making another rambo too.
                  Well, he might as well do what he does best! I remember seeing Rocky when it first came out. I might have been only six at the time, but it was great. A-team was out about the same time as Rocky III and I recall long lunchroom debates as to who was really the toughest, Rocky or Mr. T. Ahh the memories!
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

i think i'l see it but i won't go see it for a couple of weeks. from the previews it looks like stalone's gettin pretty old and outta shape. "no pffense to anyone, that's not an age crack"
                    '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                    '00 T/A Silver
                    '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

this movie didn't disappoint me. It was really good. Any rocky fans out there, i'm sure you've seen it, if not go see it.

It got really good reviews too I think.

Comment

Reviews

I have not seen it yet but will see it soon. Movie reviews are the last place I would look before going to see a movie. What those weirdos like and what the public likes are two different worlds. I would check with friends and ask what they thought. It is usually a much better indicator.

Comment

Saw it!! it was pretty good. ending could of used a little work but for a 60 yr old man he looks great!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                            Saw it!! it was pretty good. ending could of used a little work but for a 60 yr old man he looks great!
                            Yeah sly is in tip shape for a 60 year old man. 6 pack rippin and all. huge arms. I don't think his arms have ever been so big either. I think he's still heavy into bodybuilding, he even started his own supplement line a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                              I have not seen it yet but will see it soon. Movie reviews are the last place I would look before going to see a movie. What those weirdos like and what the public likes are two different worlds. I would check with friends and ask what they thought. It is usually a much better indicator.
                              Yeah I hear you, everything they like sucks, then what they don't like is good. I usually check out Yahoo! movies, they give film critics grade and users grade. I think it got a hig B from critics and it got an A from users.

Comment

Working...
                              X