Just had court......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had court......

Well, just had my court hearing this morning about the paint damage caused by the tow truck on my T/A....(sigh....) Everything went well, but the owner of the towing company was really "peeing" me off. His ONLY defense to anything was that it took 2-3 weeks to notify them that something was wrong, well, duh, I didn't notice the damage until I washed it and had to literally look underneath the back bumper. We all know how low to the ground the T/A is and you would have to be right up on it to see something on the bottom of the bumper. The dude (owner) kept saying that somebody probably hit me??? Yeah, on the underside, dead-center of the bumper??!!
    Well, the judge looked at all the pics I had, but that's about it. He really didn't ask me any questions, it was more just an all-out battle between me and the tow co. owner. Then to come to a close, the judge couldn't give us a decision right there because he said we are 2 very credible people and he needs time to think about our case. GREAT!!! He said he will mail his decision in the mail tomorrow. This tells me he wasn't persuaded more one way or the other, and I will probably lose my case. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least partial credit for the cost of repainting. I should get it all though IMO.
    Lesson learned. If you get your baby towed, be there to and fro (even though I was), and inspect within inches your whole car after delivery. Even look on the underside!!!
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Hopefully the judge makes the right decision. Don't forget... We live in a lawsuit happy country. You have a solid case and I'm sure you aren't one of the sue-happy people in the world. Still... He may want to make sure he's doing the right thing first.

I'm sure that's all it is and you'll here good news. Keep us posted and good luck!
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

mail his decision? he's sidestepping the fact that he has to check the law books and find out "what" the real verdict should be. (property damage 101 by ____..." etc.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
      X