where can i find a delteq kit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i find a delteq kit?

So does any one have a link for a delteq distributorless system supplier?

Thanks guys.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

http://www.delteq.com/dealers.htm

Comment

is that the system that's hit or miss? Some people to get it to work, and on other cars it just will not work even if installed correctly?
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
        is that the system that's hit or miss? Some people to get it to work, and on other cars it just will not work even if installed correctly?
        I have only heard good things so far. But i think it looks bad @$$

and thanks joe
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Yeah no doubt it's sweet, but it still uses the factory opti. So if the opti fails, your delteq won't work.

Def. not bad for the price considering what an opti costs. You figure some people buy 2-3 opti's in their f-body lifetime.

I just want more info on how bulletproof it is, and how likely the opti sensors are to fail causing total ignition failure.

It says the high voltage running through the opti is what kills it so soon, and by taking that out of the opti, it lasts longer, so it isn't a true 100% ignition replacement. I'm looking into getting one too, so don't think I'm knocking it.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

BTW, Ryan, you should talk to Fred (Injuneer), he's the only one I know of that has a 100% distributorless ignition, zero opti.

http://members.aol.com/injuneerzz/Emotive.htm

The delteq just doesn't seem like the total solution. I think what he has up there is.

Comment

BTW, Ryan, you should talk to Fred (Injuneer), he's the only one I know of that has a 100% distributorless ignition, zero opti.
              You still have to keep the OPTI for the cam position timing. The kit just removes the high voltage section.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                You still have to keep the OPTI for the cam position timing. The kit just removes the high voltage section.
                Right, but it doesn't use the opti to control ignition, which is what usually fails and leaves people stranded.

Or would the opti failing still leave you stranded with an emotive? Are they basically the same thing?

Comment

Right, but it doesn't use the opti to control ignition, which is what usually fails and leaves people stranded.

Or would the opti failing still leave you stranded with an emotive? Are they basically the same thing?
                  Yes it does. The OPTI controls the computer. The Deltaq just distributes the high voltage. The part of the OPTI that failed on mine is the resolution part which would still be used. Fred can tell you more.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                    Yes it does. The OPTI controls the computer. The Deltaq just distributes the high voltage. The part of the OPTI that failed on mine is the resolution part which would still be used. Fred can tell you more.
                    Is the emotive the same as the delteq? Hopefully Fred sees this. I'm really curious now.

Comment

Many years ago, Electromotive made a "Super Direct Ignition/Opti-Eliminator" (SDI/O-E) kit, that totally eliminated the Opti, and replaced it with a crank timing wheel, a chip to synthesize the low res and high res pulse patterns from the Opti, and a 4-coil pack with ignition driver that accepted the Opti timing signals to fire the coils. Great idea in theory, but running only a crank wheel, it synched the injectors incorrectly 1/2 of the time. They stopped making it.

The Electromotive did NOT require using the Opti. I totally eliminated the Opti while I was using it. And I don't use it any more.... I run a vented Opti for the optical sensor, and feed my MoTeC M48Pro, which feeds their IEX 8-channel ignition driver, and 8 LS1-style coils.

Only connections between the Electromotive kit and the Delteq is that they are both designed by the same person. I've seen some reports of glitches in the Delteq very similar to some problems I had with the E'motive, including an occasional complete cutoff of power. I've also seen a few reports by people who were unable to get the Delteq to work correctly on their cars, and Delteq took the units back for a refund.

My preference would be the LTCC from Bob Bailey Engineering.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                      X