Turbo question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo question

I was wondering why nobody puts Turbos on big motors, (600+ ci). I heard there is a problem with the fuel curve when its done but this may be a rumor. I would think the torque of the big motor would offset the Turbo lag and the power on the big end would be strong. Anyone have a clue??

probably because a turbo on a 600+ CI motor would never grip pavement.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

My neighbor built a 700+ CID twin turbo that put out over 2000 horsepower.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Was there any trouble with the fuel management, burned pistons etc.?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Most people use turbos to make up for lack of displacement. Turbos can be applied to any size motor. (Think Semi)

Comment

over the road trucks is a completely different story, then drag racing or gasoline applications when it comes down to turbochargers. way way different. yes the basic principles are the same but alot of other differences.
              '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
              '00 T/A Silver
              '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Working...
              X