Girlfriend's 94 Concorde shaking violently at idle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend's 94 Concorde shaking violently at idle

My girlfriend's 94 Concorde shakes very violently at idle, but it's barely noticable once you start moving. She said it just started happening today. We checked the car's fluids and everything is fine. All of her gauges are reading normal and it's not throwing out any codes. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? Could it be a broken motor mount? The engine is shaking pretty hard, but there's also something clicking under the car. She doesn't pump her own gas, so is it possible that the attendant put 93 octane in rather than 87? It shakes extremely hard. Could the wrong octane have that much of an effect?

Thanks in advance
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

It could be a missfire.

Look at the wires/plugs and see if there ok, I have been told if you look at your engine at night you may be able to see a flash of light if it is the wires, I had my wires go though and I couldnt see anything at night.

This probably is the first thing to check.

actuly I reread it and you mentioned it went away while moving, a missfire should happen all the time but I would still look there first.
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I'd take the air bypass valve and clean it. It controls the amount of air going into the engine at idle. They are notorious for getting carbon in them and sticking closed. That causes a major over rich condition making it idle rough.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
      X