X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Toy

I am somewhat new to the firearms race
    But, here she is...

This is a Norinco Hunter II model of the famed AK-47, for those who don't recognize it... I am thrilled to have it and have already shot a few rounds through it...
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Have fun and be safe.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
      This is a Norinco Hunter II model of the famed AK-47, for those who don't recognize it...
      Uhhuh...I was like, "man, that looks awfully like an AK47. Be safe...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

very nice..be safe.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Have fun.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

made in china?!
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

that's a pretty nice piece just out of curiousity what did you pick it up for? Assault rifles are alot of fun. my older brother at one time was a bounty hunter and had some for when he went to arrest people. somethin about an AR-15 in the face makes people wanna cooperate.......
              '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
              '00 T/A Silver
              '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Good looking weapon!

Is that an original Norinco scope mount? Those things are scarce.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Is that an original Norinco scope mount? Those things are scarce.
                  Yep...That is what I have found out. The bad part is that the guy I got it from had the mount sittin in his garage so it rusted up a little bit. Nothing that won't clean up...

just out of curiousity what did you pick it up for?
                  I traded it for an old 30-06 that I hardly ever used. This way I can use this for target fun or hunting if need be. You can find this one reasonably priced in the $250-350 range(probably less)...

My next Assault Rifle will probably be an AR-15. After getting this AK I have definately found a new hobby. I have been doing a lot of research...

made in china?!
                  I believe there are ZERO American companies that produce a complete AK(only parts)...

I love it!!! Gotta have that Holiday twist...

Thanks fellas...I have already shot 50 rounds through it. Its a blast. literally.
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
                    made in china?!
                    I think I heard once that the AK is the most produced weapon out there and is still being built. What's so strange about it being built in China? It's another communist brother.

Some info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

i definately recommend the AR-15. it's an awesome gun. we had a bushmaster AR-15 with the shorty upper. it was fairly loud. but it was crazy how fast you could go through rounds. luckily you can pick up .223 rounds cheap. there was many times we brought it out and blasted through 3 or 4, 30 round clips. lots of fun, it shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. and there is a mod that you can do to make it fully auto. i'll have to ask again what it is for sure but it doesn't take much. my brother always used it for deer hunting while i used the 300 weatherby mag. pretty effective combo. he had the short range and i had the long range. congrats on the new toy looks like fun. when you go to get the AR-15 i recommend going to gun shows you can get good deals on them there usually, all the gun shops that i've been to they want an arm and a leg for them.
                      '00 T/A Silver

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                        and there is a mod that you can do to make it fully auto. i'll have to ask again what it is for sure but it doesn't take much.
                        Not only is "that mod" highly dangerous, it is illegal to modify a semi-auto firearm to full auto. Prior to May 19, 1986, anyone who wanted to could file a Form 1 with the ATF and convert a firearm to fully automatic, since then it is illegal unless you have a manufacturing license (and lots of money). (I wouldn't wish 10 years in a federal prison on anyone whos only crime was wanting to have some fun with a firearm.)

FYI: An AR-15 is not an Assault Rifle, it just looks like one (Assault Rifle - A military rifle intended purely for one-man operation and equipped to provide both semiautomatic or full-automatic fire by means of a selector switch or other fire-control device.)

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I don't recall saying that it was legal. if it's not an assault rifle then explain to me why it was banned in Missouri for being classified as an assault riffle until just recently when the ban was removed. the mini-14 was also banned under the same law it's only a semi automatic why was it banned as well?
                          '00 T/A Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                            AWWW!!! I'm so mad ... that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this post!!!... You beat me to it!... props for the quick thinking!!
                            '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

if it's not an assault rifle then explain to me why it was banned in Missouri for being classified as an assault riffle until just recently when the ban was removed. the mini-14 was also banned under the same law it's only a semi automatic why was it banned as well?
                              Because it looks like one, and politicians need to look like they are doing something good...The term “assault rifle” was hijacked back in the early days of the Cliton administration. An assault rifle according to Webster’s Dictionary (pre Cliton) was:
                              Any rifle that could be changed from semi automatic to fully automatic with the flip of a selector switch.

Notice it said nothing about pistol grip stocks, 30 round mags, or a bayonet lug. All of which was added by the Federal AWB...

Most hunting rifles are just as accurate and fire more powerful rounds, but they don't look like "evil" military weapons. As a matter of fact hunting with a .223 caliber rifle is illegal in some States because that round doesn't ensure a one shot kill.

"Assualt Weapon Bans" do nothing to stop criminals....It's all political grandstanding to look like they are doing something to stop crminals.

Sorry, but this is a real hot button issue for me.

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                              X