Not so nice holidays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so nice holidays

Well, unfortunately our holidays has not been too kind. Christmas Eve we had to rush our girl (dog) Lucky into the emergency vet. She was breathing real heavy and vomiting, and was too weak to stand. They took all kinds of ex-rays and blood work, and came to the conclusion that she had severe pancreatitus (sp?? however you say/spell it). She held on yesterday and seemed to be improving, but my husband got the dreaded call at 3:30am today that she was failing fast. She was my husband's baby, he had her for 15 years. She was a beautiful Husky mix, and for a dog her size, she lived a wonderful long life. (sniff, sniff) But we all know she's in a better place now.
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

I'm so sorry. It's terrible when you loose a family member that quickly.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

So sorry to hear of you lost.
      Blazer

Comment

very sorry. its like losing a family member...we know.

Shelby, our 9 yr old golden, has chronic pancreatitus. she's been treated twice for episodes now and is on a strict diet to avoid further ones.

15 yrs is a long time for big dog. means you did something right for sure~! sorry.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Yeah, we don't own dogs, they are on loan to us from God- though, sometimes I think that they own us-

After living with a constant companion that long, it is tough to loose one of your best buddies. Take solace in the fact that you gave her a good life, lots of treats and loving. Maybe when we cross that bridge, they will be on the other side for us- I sure hope so!
          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Sorry, thats rough to lose a member like that on christmas
            hope you start feelin well soon

i didnt have a great one either..now i got this stupid brace

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Im very sorry to hear that i had to put my dog BIG AL down after 14 years. Such a terrible feeling, just think that she is chasing squirels and having a blast in that better place.
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

My condolences. You gave her a good, long life.
                R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

sorry bout ur loss. its amazing how a animal can affect us alot. i kno when i was 10 i grew up with 3 goldens(prob why i love goldens so much ) but Bear who was the oldest and the last of the trio passed away, i just sat there and cried, yea he may have been only a dog, but i grew up with him, so he was like my furry brother
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Sorry about the loss. It's not easy losing a family member like that.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks, everybody. I know she is in a MUCH better place now, and wouldn't want us to feel sad for her.
                      Anybody who knows me around here know I have a reputation for accumalating more animals after I lose one, too. The good Lord always finds a way to bring me another when I lose one. Last year I had to put my cat down in Feb., and in May we had 3 kittens born in our back yard under our shed. Had to get them out immediately because of our dogs, fearing they'd get 'em. I could only manage to trap one, and just so happened to be the same exact color as the one I had to put down. The others did manage to escape over the fence and have been long gone with their momma.
                      So now I just wait to see what comes into my life next.
                      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Working...
                      X