An interesting point about Saddam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting point about Saddam

Remember during the the Iraq conflicts, Saddam had several 'doubles" running around that kept the CIA on their toes, trying to figure out which one was the real Saddam. One of the interesting quotes online was:

In a region where conspiracy theories are rife there was even someone who doubted that Saddam was actually dead. “Probably, it was a Saddam double who was executed—not actually him,” said Mohammed Karimi, a taxi driver in Tehran.

I doubt that this is the case, but once Iraq's army folded there was no talk of any of his doubles. What happened to those people? I just find it odd that there were several confirmed doubles and now you don't hear a whisper about them.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    Remember during the the Iraq conflicts, Saddam had several 'doubles" running around that kept the CIA on their toes, trying to figure out which one was the real Saddam. One of the interesting quotes online was:

In a region where conspiracy theories are rife there was even someone who doubted that Saddam was actually dead. “Probably, it was a Saddam double who was executed—not actually him,” said Mohammed Karimi, a taxi driver in Tehran.

I doubt that this is the case, but once Iraq's army folded there was no talk of any of his doubles. What happened to those people? I just find it odd that there were several confirmed doubles and now you don't hear a whisper about them.
    Maybe the doubles were forced to work for him, and when he lost power they just went back to their day jobs

Great point by the way
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

If I were a Saddam double in Iraq, I would definitely keep a low profile.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Sadam used doubles for years if I remeber right one of them was killed in an assasiation attempt years before we invaded Iraq. Sadam was killed today, the U.S. did DNA testing on him as soon as he was pulled out of his hole in the ground they knew they're would be doubt about it and the chance that we caught one of his doubles thats why it was done.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
          Sadam used doubles for years if I remeber right one of them was killed in an assasiation attempt years before we invaded Iraq. Sadam was killed today, the U.S. did DNA testing on him as soon as he was pulled out of his hole in the ground they knew they're would be doubt about it and the chance that we caught one of his doubles thats why it was done.

No doubt, I was just wondering what happened to all those doubles. I thought the CIA had confirmed of at least 4 of them running around prior to the invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
            So wait...did we have DNA on him from before? And how did we get that?
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34

Good point. If we did have it. Maybe it was the doubles DNA?!? ha ha
              Richard Harvey Jr.
              '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                I never really thought about that one thats a really good point. They probably got DNA from his sons or something like that and that was the way they were able to confirm it.
                1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
                X