Be very respectful of yourselves and others tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be very respectful of yourselves and others tonight

This seems like the perfect time to remind folks, don't get behind the wheel if you've been drinking. All it takes is an unforseen variable to pop up and something bad can happen in the blink of an eye.

A good friend of mine lost his life years ago. He had been celebrating, but only with one or two drinks. He thought he was staying on the conservative side and for the most part, he was. A couple of hours later, he takes to the road and heads for home. Unfortunately someone else wasn't so conservative. This other person had way too many and crossed the center line at highway speed. My friends reaction was a hair slow, but he swerved to avoid the drunk driver. His car went off the road, hit an embankment and went slightly airborne, he rammed a huge oak tree. He died shortly after, his blood alcohol level was .006. even with such a low level in his blood, authorities still blamed his slower reflexes for his inability to control the vehicle. Even though he wasn't "drunk", the other person was well over the limit and wouldn't ya know it..... he survived without incident. Had my buddy not been drinking at all, it was likely that he would have survived the accident. Even more likely, he wouldn't have been on that stretch of road in the first place.

Just remember folks, you never know the condition of the other driver. You don't know how many drinks they have had, you don't know their driving ability, are they wearing their prescription glasses? You don't really know squat. The message is never drink and drive, and when you are out there.....be expecting trouble and keep your eyes peeled for the slightest hint of something being "not right". You life depends on it.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

We used to call tonight amateur night.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yep im the DD tonight

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
        Yep im the DD tonight
        designated drunk? LOL
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          designated drunk? LOL
          Haha no the OTHER DD

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Me an my friends are going to a club/bar that is about 30 min from my house. We all know that of us will be OK to drive home... So we hired a van to take us there & back. $100 each way... But its cheaper than a DUI. Plus split between the 6 of us... Its only $30 somthing each.
            No F-Body right now

Comment

I stay home with the family. Never get into trouble that way. Not a drinker anyway. Just get into trouble with fast cars.

Comment

Yes, our weather here in Charlotte is foggy and rainy. Should make for an interesting night here, if you know what I mean. Hopefully everybody will be responsible, and always look out for the other guy because you don't know how much they've had to drink. It's always the innocent ones who get hurt or killed. And yes, let's keep our cars clean! It's not fun when you wake up sober the next day and find curb rash and fender scrapes and wonder "did I do that??" (he, he!)
                Be safe everybody!!
                1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Be safe tonight guys.

Happy New Year!
                  Darrin C
                  '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                  07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

the secret is, if you have to drive someplace...take a beater car... not a perf car.. that way temptation is not there.......

i dont trust other drivers to go out anymore...its not worth the risk to us.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                    X