so..hows your engine bay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so..hows your engine bay?

i was playing around with zaino's new clear seal, which is going to be released next week .....(sample i was testing for Sal Zaino ) and tried some on my rail covers after doing the hood..........

no wonder my dealership loves me.......9800 miles, 1 year and 10 months old........LOL

oh..and heres what the hood section looked like. i took it with a flash you can see there is no swirls......and the clarity. the specks are the metalic.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Amazing, Ken!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

WOW! I'm jealous
      Speaking of engine bays, I'd really like to get mine cleaned (detailed). I've never had it done before, is it alright to do on our cars? I just keep thinkin' I might screw up the Opti or somethin' Don't want to deal with that again for awhile! Any suggestions?
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Do not use a high pressure washer on a modern electronically controlled engine.... its going to force water into sealed electronic components. And if you have to use any water at all, with the LT1 - DO NOT use any on the front of the engine.

Every time this gets posted, someone will chime in, claiming they have pressure washed the front of their LT1 every week for the last 10 years..... if they did, they just got lucky. There are too many failures after a few drops of coolant, driving through a car wash, are hitting a deep puddle.

I've never used water.... but then I had the opportunity to keep it clean from the first day I bought it new.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          Do not use a high pressure washer on a modern electronically controlled engine.... its going to force water into sealed electronic components. And if you have to use any water at all, with the LT1 - DO NOT use any on the front of the engine.

Every time this gets posted, someone will chime in, claiming they have pressure washed the front of their LT1 every week for the last 10 years..... if they did, they just got lucky. There are too many failures after a few drops of coolant, driving through a car wash, are hitting a deep puddle.

I've never used water.... but then I had the opportunity to keep it clean from the first day I bought it new.
          what he said alllllllllll the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Way back when the car was just out of warranty, little things like driving through puddles caused the car to start running screwy. I got tired of that real quick. I put a little dielectric grease on all the plug wire terminals and weatherpack harness connectors. No problems since. I do use simple green to keep the engine bay clean with a light rinse down of all areas EXCEPT the front of the physical engine. That's the that must be wiped down by hand or you'll likely experience the dreaded "Opticus destructus"
            I wouldn't trust any of the weatherpack connections or componants to withstand water by themselves, Especially under pressure.

Comment

Well, I was going to take it somewhere and have it "steam cleaned". Is that alright? I'd never, even if careful, wanted to just pressure wash it. If all else fails, just take the time and hand clean everything!
              1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Working...
              X