• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Islam teach extortion?

I happened to be reading up on the Quran and Islam and came across this:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen....html#019.4294

Book 019, Number 4294:
    It has been reported from Sulaiman b. Buraid through his father that when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) appointed anyone as leader of an army or detachment he would especially exhort him to fear Allah and to be good to the Muslims who were with him. He would say: Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war, do not embezzle the spoils; do not break your pledge; and do not mutilate (the dead) bodies; do not kill the children. When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. Then invite them to migrate from their lands to the land of Muhairs and inform them that, if they do so, they shall have all the privileges and obligations of the Muhajirs. If they refuse to migrate, tell them that they will have the status of Bedouin Muilims and will be subjected to the Commands of Allah like other Muslims, but they will not get any share from the spoils of war or Fai' except when they actually fight with the Muslims (against the disbelievers). If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them. When you lay siege to a fort and the besieged appeal to you for protection in the name of Allah and His Prophet, do not accord to them the guarantee of Allah and His Prophet, but accord to them your own guarantee and the guarantee of your companions for it is a lesser sin that the security given by you or your companions be disregarded than that the security granted in the name of Allah and His Prophet be violated When you besiege a fort and the besieged want you to let them out in accordance with Allah's Command, do not let them come out in accordance with His Command, but do so at your (own) command, for you do not know whether or not you will be able to carry out Allah's behest with regard to them.

Now that sounds alot like extortion. If you don't believe in what they say you should, impose a tax. If the tax is paid, everything is fine. If the tax is refused, then it's war. Now there's politics at it's finest.

It's that peace loving religion of Islam.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      It's that peace loving religion of Islam.
      My thoughts exactly...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

It's the most hypocritical "religion" of all. The Branch Davidians were more stable than these people.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I know very little of the Koran (that's how we spelled it when I was a kid), but if that is really in there, that is disturbing.

I had heard the convert, pay tribute, or die thing, but thought that was extremist "twisting" of some verse, like many from the Bible have been twisted to say what the speaker wanted.

I would like to believe that the average Muslim does not want either my conversion of my blood on his sword, but it's getting harder and harder to convince myself of this.

They would calm down if they just had some shade.
          Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

one thing comes to mind....crusades...and i think there might be new ones coming up , sooner or later

i think that forcing very different thinking and /or looking people to live together , and trying to integrate something that is completely different and promoting what is 'politically correct' and tolerance and equality will only make people more and more intolerant...

or maybe i m just wrong, i hope
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Straight quotes directly from the terrorist scumbags.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6292061.stm

"Allah on 480 occasions in the Holy Koran extols Muslims to wage jihad. We only fulfil God's orders. Only jihad can bring peace to the world," he says.

The militant leader on several occasions in the past had openly admitted crossing over into Afghanistan to fight foreign troops.

"We will continue our struggle until foreign troops are thrown out. Then we will attack them in the US and Britain until they either accept Islam or agree to pay jazia (a tax in Islam for non-Muslims living in an Islamic state)."

Pay a tax if we don't accept your religion? I don't think so.............

Folks, this is why we are fighting a war, this is why we don't back down at any cost. If we do, they will only persue us until we either die or bow down to their religion. This isn't freedom, this is why we took a hike from Europe a few hundred years ago and started our own country.

Comment

well if i can have 500 virgins when i die, i'm down for some islam
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                  The "72 virgins" is a translation by someone. Someone else translated it to mean "72 grapes". Which one is right? What if the latter was right? Boy there are some dissapointed dead Islamic's. LOL
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Joe we only need to talk to them and understand them. They are just misunderstood. What a bunch of camel crap that is. Understand this 2000 pound laser guided bomb.

Comment

The "72 virgins" is a translation by someone. Someone else translated it to mean "72 grapes". Which one is right? What if the latter was right? Boy there are some dissapointed dead Islamic's. LOL
                      well that puts a damper on things for sure.

Somebody find out for sure and let me know, I dont wanna follow thru for 72 grapes. i can get more than that here for under $1, lmk thx

97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

they sure are going to be dissapointed

for one the islam's believe in Jesus. but they believe he was a prophet not the son of God. but according to the defination of a prophet it is someone who can not lie because they are sent from god. Jesus was clearly crucified by the jews because of our sins because he clearly stated to be the son of God. this would either make him god or a liar.
                        the jews knew when jesus said he was the son of God he was saying he was God that is why they crucified him because of blasphemy. so if jesus was a prophet like the islams say, then that would make jesus a liar because he said he was the son of god making him equal to god. and if i prophet cannot lie than jesus would have to be who he said he was, THE SON OF GOD. the one to pay for our sins. he willingly gave his life on the cross for you and me because he is god and only god can forgive our sins. for god so loved the world that he sent his only son, so that our sins can be forgiven through him. the bible says if you confess with you mouth and believe in you heart that Jesus died for you sins and that he offers you a free gift of salvation. then you will go to heaven. I believe in jesus and have accepted him as my savior and he has changed my life.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                          what if they are 500 virgin men? those islams are sick people dude. you better know what you believe in before you say things like your down for that. islam is a false religion. Jesus is the only way and true way to salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsereiko
                            for one the islam's believe in Jesus. but they believe he was a prophet not the son of God. but according to the defination of a prophet it is someone who can not lie because they are sent from god. Jesus was clearly crucified by the jews because of our sins because he clearly stated to be the son of God. this would either make him god or a liar.
                            the jews knew when jesus said he was the son of God he was saying he was God that is why they crucified him because of blasphemy. so if jesus was a prophet like the islams say, then that would make jesus a liar because he said he was the son of god making him equal to god. and if i prophet cannot lie than jesus would have to be who he said he was, THE SON OF GOD. the one to pay for our sins. he willingly gave his life on the cross for you and me because he is god and only god can forgive our sins. for god so loved the world that he sent his only son, so that our sins can be forgiven through him. the bible says if you confess with you mouth and believe in you heart that Jesus died for you sins and that he offers you a free gift of salvation. then you will go to heaven. I believe in jesus and have accepted him as my savior and he has changed my life.
                            Well put, man. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. All I know is, my God doesn't tell me to kill anyone who won't believe the way I believe. Allah is peace....and if you don't believe that I will strap a bomb to my chest and come to the mall where you shop and blow myself up, in the effort to kill as many people as I can, and Allah will reward me. Thou shalt not kill. I remember reading that somewhere...

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I do beleive Islam started out as a very peaceful religion and still is in some parts of the world. But the wackos over there have completely altered it to fit in with their desires.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X