wolfdog crisis in MD.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfdog crisis in MD.

no sooner did i walk in the door from work did i get a call from the Humane Society in Salisbury, Md.

now Im trusting you folks, don't give this info out, if you or a friend is interested, contact me directly please. The authorities involved will only deal with a 501(c)3 certified rescue operation.

a small county below Salisbury busted an illegal breeder of wolfdogs. at first, they were told they were wolves, and the county ACO's office contacted the Humane Society which contacted Defenders of Wildlife which referred the ACO's office to my organization. Well hell, I knew right away they were not wolves...and so it's been confirmed now. Wolfdogs. 16 adults and 2 7 week old pups........ :: There could be more at another remote location, its being investigated.

I will be receiving digital pictures of them within the next few days to determine wolf content for placement purposes.

Every wolfdog sanctuary i know of is full on the East Coast...most over full....
    thank God that this county is willing to try and help save the lives of these animals..they have given us a grace of 10 days.........thats more than we normally get. Wolfdogs are illegal in the state of Md. God I hate selfish people...this person had no business breeding them in MD.........other than he's a money hungry sob that most likely cant hold a normal job.

So I'm throwing this on every forum where I have friends who have considered owning a wolfdog at some time. We most likely wont be able to save them all, but the pups we have to save at minimum, and as many adults as possible as well. The pictures will help alot when i get them, to determine age, content, and whatever.....

Ok. more to come. wanted to give your brain matter some juice.

hell, im even trying to talk the warden into taking one of the pups here..but she's screaming bloody murder......as usual.......... LOL... she's got a point...3 goldens and a high content f3 wolfdog is a handful......LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Thanks for that info. I'm sorry to hear about that. There are so many "backyard breeders" out there just trying to make a buck with no interest in the animal's welfare or health. Do you know yet if these wolfdogs are low/high content? Please send pics as soon as possible!
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

My cousin would be interested, however, I'm not sure about the laws here in CT. Where could I best research that, Ken?
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

That is awful . I don't have the option of giving one a home but, I'm sure there are people that fit their needs perfectly. It's just the matter of bringing the two together.

any more news?
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

unfortunatly my family already has a dog thats too big for the house, or i would definatly be interested
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
          X