Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More RC Jet crash vids

These are good.

The first one pounds the ground really hard due to pilot error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmqvjALs_n0

The second one sufferes from some componant failure and ejects a few parts just prior to creating a fireball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENcIZVx-o9c

Ouch!

That second one was a high speed flutter victim. In the slo-mo you can see the wings and vertical fin flapping, followed by whatever those pieces are coming off. Play in the control rods or using weak servos can cause that (of course, it could be just plain old going too fast for the design).

I'm using heavy duty, metal geared, servos in that F4 I'm building. A nice solid mount for the servos should help too.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

OOO!!!! That'll make ya say something...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

I like seeing the debris continue to pass the guys on the ground in the first vid. You can tell there was some momentum in those parts.

Comment

bru333 - could have also been caused by too much space between the trailing edge of the wing, and the control surfaces.. That'll cause flutter and at that speed ultimately rip the surfaces right off..

I know how it feels to have control surfaces rip off aircraft in mid flight.. One aerobatic airplane I was flying had the whole eppinage completely rip off about 35' off the deck.. Was able to semi control it coming down using the ailerons and flaps - but ultimately binned the airplane because of too much frame damage.

Good stuff
          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
            bru333 - could have also been caused by too much space between the trailing edge of the wing, and the control surfaces.. That'll cause flutter and at that speed ultimately rip the surfaces right off..

I know how it feels to have control surfaces rip off aircraft in mid flight.. One aerobatic airplane I was flying had the whole eppinage completely rip off about 35' off the deck.. Was able to semi control it coming down using the ailerons and flaps - but ultimately binned the airplane because of too much frame damage.

Good stuff
            haha... that reminds me of the time I had a Mirage. I say had because in a high speed full throttle dive for the deck, I pulled up hard and ripped the flight control surfaces clean off. That one was a total write off.

Comment

Working...
            X