Random F body survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random F body survey

Of the three F-bodies I have had, there has been one tiny thing or another about them that just for whatever reason irritated me. I was wondering if you guys had the same thing going on with your F-bodies. Right now my little light that lights up my controls on my driver side door goes on and off at night. It is something small but it eventually started to irritate me.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

I can think of more than a few things, but here are just a few...

'98 Camaro V6: Front Speaker Grill rattle

'96 Z28: Paint on the side moldings fading

'99 Z28: Slack in the clutch pedal, Cheap stock speakers that keep blowing
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Squeaks and rattles, but i deal with it becuase i love the topless summers
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

crappy power windows

The door is designed too far back to give access to the rear seats but this makes it hard to get in and out of the car when there is a car parked beside you and you can't open the door all the way.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

the LT1 $#*)#$#^*($$&*(*&^$%$# Intake#$^%&&*%Leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
            the LT1 $#*)#$#^*($$&*(*&^$%$# Intake#$^%&&*%Leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you tell us how you really feal
            1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              crappy power windows

The door is designed too far back to give access to the rear seats but this makes it hard to get in and out of the car when there is a car parked beside you and you can't open the door all the way.
              Oh, you hit the nail on the head
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!

'98 Camaro V6: Front Speaker Grill rattle
                That's mine for my 97 as well.
                My DD
                2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

The door thing for sure.

But the thing that annoys the hell out of me is cleaning these rims:

(not my car obviously)

But also up there is smacking the Air Dam off of the pavement.

And the worst thing about an F-Body...is hearing
                  "My Stang will beat you" .... but after the race you'll experience the best thing about an F-Body tho!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

*The fact that you can't get the optispark wet in the LT-1 versions.
                    *The factory fuel gauge isn't linear.
                    *Cat converter hump in the passenger floor.
                    *Water pours into the rear hatch area if you open the hatch when it's wet.
                    *Stock speakers bite.
                    *headlight motor gears bite.
                    *Spark plug and wire access bite.

All of the above is a minor negative point when the rest of the car performs so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      *Water pours into the rear hatch area if you open the hatch when it's wet.
                      I had forgotten about this one.

I'll second it as well.
                      My DD
                      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

*Traction control on Ice*

I am used to driving a trcuk on ice that didn't have it so you could let them spin to build up speed. Trac automaticly kicks you down and limits it. But this problem is easily remedied by pushing a switch

*Cold Starts*

Going out to start the car in the morning and having to wiggle the connections on the terminals to get a good connection. Only when its cold though.

Comment

'88 Formula - the crappy Van Nuys paint clear coat started flaking off after 2 years

'87 Camaro - the crappy paint job the original owner did, over the good Norwood paint, after his little fender bender. (I just can't win with paint jobs)

'96 Camaro v6 - toasted spark plug wires, and whats up with the red anti-freeze turning to jell-o?

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            **Water pours into the rear hatch area if you open the hatch when it's wet.
                            OMG!!! Everytime after it rains and I open the trunk, the water just pours everywhere down the sail panels. Annoying!
                            My pet peeves about it is:
                            Definitely the door-3 days ago a lady parked so close, I had to crawl in the passenger seat over the console to get in
                            What's up with the visor and the material (the little stretchy "map holder" thing) that hangs down so low, I have to tuck it into the mirror??
                            T/A taillights-I've been through about 2 sets already because they get moisture and the black starts "peeling" away. Totally ugly when they do this
                            1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
                              What's up with the visor and the material (the little stretchy "map holder" thing) that hangs down so low, I have to tuck it into the mirror??
                              I cut mine off with a razor blade.
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X