any C++ programmers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any C++ programmers?

I'm looking, and I can't find anything about implementing C++ programming into a web page. I started programming in C++ a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I'd love to be able to use it instead of VBSCRIPT.

Anybody??
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

VBSCRIPT gave me freakin nightmares sometimes.
    My programming was always sloppy since i wanted to get everything done so fast. So I guess it was my fault...BUT back to the question...I'm not that familiar with C++. I've found many other forums out there for developers and programmers that contain much information like this site. You just gotta look around. If I remember the link to the board I used last year I'll throw it up.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I started C++ 2 weeks ago so I can't realy help you out but you can go to a library and get out a basic C++ book from there and that will help you more. I have 2 books and the basic book (how to learn c++ in 14 days) has some stuff on how to make your own search engines and stuff like that.

C++ is so good because it's a language that is so versatile. However with that being said, wouldn't Java or Pearl be better for web page apps?

C++ usully codes for a specific type of computer when you run it thru the compiler where both pearl and java are multi platform languages. With C++ you can have the same program/code however you would need it to go thru a different compiler for macs vs pcs.
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I've been programming for 7 years. My opinion is that you won't be able to with common tools, at least not effectively. You need that C++ code to be compiled, then executed in the background, and I don't know many modern tools that will do this with a modern web form. You'd still need HTML code for design, the event handlers to handle controls. Also, they'd need to be able to handle datasets and have use of database connection classes, if you want a SQL Server database. Especially if you'd opt for .NET development (which is what I'd prefer). Of course, this is only for a huge development project, as using VS2005 for a very simple site isn't needed.

For a simple site, you can just use HTML with maybe PERL or other scripting languages. PERL interpreters are very common and fast enough for simple scripts.

I consider the current ultimate to be a C# .NET 2.0 web site. C# is a by far modern language for web development and I ditched C++ ever since. OOP was much easier to implement.

Before I ramble on too much, what are the goals of the site?
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

thanks guys, but the more i researched the more i found it's not really worth it to use C++ for internet scripting. I've already begun this project in vbscript and i'm about 30% done. I haven't used vbscript in a couple years, and I wasn't really too happy about diving back into it as i've never cared much for it.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X