Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming soon to a Pontiac dealer near you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon to a Pontiac dealer near you?

This from Muscle Cars:

Muscle Cars
    Pontiac returns to RWD
    It’s official. GM Product Czar Bob Lutz has announced that Pontiac will have a rear-wheel-drive car in 2008.

The Australian-built Holden Commodore will be marketed in the United States as a G8 Pontiac. What will be under the hood is unknown, but it will likely be a GM-built V-8, like the now defunct GTO (née Monaro) had. The last GTOs came with GM’s excellent 400hp aluminum V-8, dubbed LS2.

The GTO was sold here in 2004, 2005 and 2006, and many are still on dealers' lots at greatly reduced prices. We saw five of them with big markdowns recently on a Philadelphia-area dealer’s lot.

The RWD G8 will fill the void in Pontiac’s offerings and could shake up things in the sport sedan segment. GM officials expect to sell 30,000 G8s in the first year of production.
    - By George Mattar

Hmmm. I wonder if it would work as a coupe.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

yuppers. know all about it.

its an American BMW man........and it rocks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
      yuppers. know all about it.

its an American BMW man........and it rocks.

Is there anything you don't know about, O Lupine One?
      R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Here's some more info...

http://www.carpages.ca/go/autonews/0...mpala_etc.aspx
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

"The base V6 model is said to have an MSRP starting at around $21,000 US dollars, and would have GM's 3.9-litre V6 engine with a choice of six-speed automatic or manual gearboxes."

Looks like GM is heading in the right direction with the Camaro. I was very worried that they would make the price tag too big. If the V6 is going to go for 21k... The Z28 should be well under 30k!!!

Lets see... I could get a new Z28 Camaro for a play car & a new G8 sedan for a daily driver!!! Sounds good to me!

Where do I sign? haha
          No F-Body right now

Comment

A good 4 door car if you have a wife an few kids. Good going GM. Where the H is the new Firebird.The Mustang is looking better all the time.Not fast but something new. Buy the time GM comes out with something good I will be to old for it.
            Blazer

Comment

The steering wheel is on the wrong side.

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                A good 4 door car if you have a wife an few kids. Good going GM. Where the H is the new Firebird.The Mustang is looking better all the time.Not fast but something new. Buy the time GM comes out with something good I will be to old for it.
                Blazer
                ????????

ever heard of a C6?

how about.....a Z06.????

gTo is not too shabby either.....

new Camaro maybe?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

One word Ken...

$

... Well I guess thats not actually a word. haha
                  No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                  X